The Car is Running Again!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Well after too many delays and even more headaches. I finally fired my poor car up after 6 weeks of slumber.

After priming the fuel and oil system (coil disconnected) Thankfully it started right up.

Let it run for a good 10-15 minutes to let every thing get hot, cure, check for leaks, etc... Nothing popped up. (thankfully again :D ) Everything was working as advertised...

So I decided to take it for a simple test drive. Several trips up and down the long road by my house embedding the new pads and circulating the fluids a bit. Nothing major. Everything still was working fine.

So I turned around to come and a decided to get on it a bit. Punched it in first at 4000 rpm and vaporized the tires, quickly shifted into second and they stayed spinning. I let of and let them catch, accelerated a little and spun them into 3rd. :burnout:

I was getting all excited and about to really get on it when I decided to punch up the S-AFC and see how the O2 readings were looking.

So if rolled into the throttle at 2500rpm in 2nd and watched the voltage keep dropping and dropping and... Needless to say I quickly let off at about 5500rpm.

The voltage read .75v at 5500rpm and would have kept dropping!!! (previous low was .85v at 6k & above) :eek:

Oh yeah - this is all without my chip!!! I won't have that back until Friday.

The only bad thing I found out on the test drive is that the exhaust sounds like major ASS!!! :cuss:
RASP, RASP, RASP It's has so much rasp it almost RASPS at idle...

BTW - I switched exhaust too. My single muffler exhaust was jet plane loud and rasped like hell.

I'm now running a 2.5" single mandrel pipe with 2.5" resonator (from other system), custom Y-split and factory SVT duals. (VERY soon to have NEW mufflers - the stockers obviously can't handle cutting the noise being so small!)
The cool thing is I noticed no change in performance between the exhaust systems. (well atleast nothing butt dyno notable from idle to 5500rpm)

Hell I'd even put a cat on it if it would kill the damn RASP...

I will have lots of pictures and specs up in the next couple of days. (head ports, UIM, LIM, Rr STB, headers, oil seperator, etc)

My website is updated for the most part...

I also still have a few things to button up, but am just glad it's RUNNING again!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Hmm, maybe I'll sneak over to KC and swap you car when your not look..oh wait, you might notice the squashed hood on mine

Users who are viewing this thread