The Cop & The Stereo...

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Nothing really to discuss but a guy at j-body.org posted this and I thought everyone here would find it interesting.

Author: The Goblin
Date: 04-24-03 08:46 PM

That's right guys,
Here's a GOOD ending to a story about having a car getting broken into. A guy I work with drives a white 2nd gen z24 and had a nice system in it. It was broken into for the 2nd time in 2 months on Monday. They got his chamealon (spelling?) cd player, an 800 watt crossfire amp, 2 12'' Rocksford fosgate's (i have no clue on spelling that one!), and all his CD's.

Well he told the police what happened and gave the description of the guy he knew who did it. Well, low and behold, yesterday the same sheriff who took his report, and happens to be an audio enthusiast, just happened to pull over a car full of kids for speeding.

He see's a Chamealon CD player badly installed in their car and asked them where they got it. They said they bought it a few days before. He asked them for the receipt, and of course they didnt have one. So, the sherrif made them take it out and checked the serial number on the back with the one from my friends report and it was the same. And guess what the sherrif found in the trunk? YA his whole system in their car.

So the cop tells 'em they won't get prosecuted if they told him who they bought it off of. It was the same guy my friend suspected. My friend will get his system back from the cops in a few days, and there is a warrant out for the thieving b/stard's arrest. Oh and by the way, this guy has already been busted once for stealing, so i dont think he is gonna get a light punishment.

:thumbsup: I read that and just had to say props to all those officers who are going way above and beyond. THANKS!!
:beer:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I had one like that a while back, same circumstances, a car got broken into, someone said they heard that so and so did it and sold all the stuff to a car audio place. I went there with a photo lineup, they picked out the same guy that we heard had done it as the one who sold it to them, I got a warrant and grabbed him right out of art class in his school and took him to jail.

zzzzzer

Established Member
I love stories like that, Hill. :thumbsup: Thanks for nailing the b/stards.

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
great story.........now if i can only find the bastards that stole my system while i was deployed (here in japan.....the car is in the states)

but thats alright....like that story emphasizes, karma is a mutha ****er:cuss:

zzzzzer

Established Member
:fm: Just reading that p/sses me off, Sail. Like you said, karma. They'll get what's coming to 'em.

sbro712

Established Member
Buddy of mine who is a police officer in a nearby town had his garage broken into and his two jetskis were stolen, along with the trailer they were on.

Being a smart officer he started hanging around the local lake (it was in his beat). Sure enough, about three days after the burglary here came a couple of dirtbags pulling his jetskis on his trailer.

Needless to say, it was one of the most fulfilling arrests of his career:beer:

zzzzzer

Established Member
haha...got his jet skis back AND personally apprehended those punks. CLASSIC! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread