The Countach is back!

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can say the same thing about a 1987 Grand National..... Doesn't stop anyone from buying one.
The 87 GN was never a Supercar. Never will be. Apples to Zebra's comparison.
On that note, the 87GN had better seats than the Countach.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I think the thing looks disgusting in a bad way. But I think that about all modern lamborghinis post Diablo

I think a lot of them are fugly but I think the Huracan was a welcome return to a cleaner, more elegant look.

I think you and TK1299 have perfectly grasped my "relationship" with the Dodge Viper. A beautiful car, undoubtedly a frenzied performer in bed if it were possible to bed her down, but I wouldn't want to drive it or be seen in it. To me that car would be like being in a relationship with a supermodel who's a serial killer. It would not end well. By the way, SecondhandSnake, you have quite the gift for turning a phrase.

That was in fact the car Clarkson was referring to at the time, although the third generation ones.

I was thinking it would scratch that itch for me, even in the rawest of the raw first generation but doesn't seem quite scary enough. Maybe it needs a turbo. Or two. (Anyone remember the shop that was selling 2000hp twin turbo Vipers back in the day? Now that was a bedroom poster car...) Like taking your serial killer supermodel and giving her implants...

LOL @ everyone talking about how "unreliable" and "temperamental" aircooled 911s are, while I'm at over 160k on my stock bottom end.

The Porsche club guys I know all tend to carry spare electrical components. Occasional oil temp or leak issues. One guys seems to eat bearings like that's its job but that may be particular to his car.

I do have to give them credit though, none of them are show queens that only come out for big shows. They drive them, and quite a few get driven very hard.

Overall the more pictures I see of the new Countach The more it just looks like a plain old Aventador. Slight change to the frunk, a little tribute to the inlets behind the windows, and awkwardly forcing the side vents to try and evoke the Countach.

It would be like Chevy bringing back the Chevelle, but it's just a Camaro with slightly different headlights and hood. It's still cool, but not really a tribute to the old one.

...but at least it's not like they made an electric Urus and called it a Countach.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The Porsche club guys I know all tend to carry spare electrical components. Occasional oil temp or leak issues. One guys seems to eat bearings like that's its job but that may be particular to his car.

I do have to give them credit though, none of them are show queens that only come out for big shows. They drive them, and quite a few get driven very hard.

Fuel relays, most likely. Known issue with the Bosch Motronic fuel injection system (which is, admittedly, pretty stout otherwise). Unfortunately the replacements are typically even less reliable. At least it's externally mounted, conveniently right under the driver's seat next to the DME.

Users who are viewing this thread