The court results are in

GIDIEUP

Established Member
For those of you that don't know I received 3 tickets from one officer. You can read the story here.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91613

If you wanna see my ticket then go here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93615

I had my court hearing yesterday (May 20th). I had my 15 minute case prepared and figured I could at least get out of two citations with the evidence I had along with the Ohio Revised Code. I filed a complaint with the officer and had a subpoena filled out and officially signed for the cruiser video. You would not believe the lies I received from the Clerk of Courts office. I thought they were out to help you, but if you request any documents they do the darnest job trying to cover up the evidence to use in ones defense. My neighbor (who is a cop) was going to serve the subpoena but his boss did not like the idea. What a crock.
Anyway, so I show up for court, completely ready to present my case when the prosecutor decides to plea bargin with me. They offered to get rid of the Tailgating offense (which is a moving violation, punishable up to a $150 fine and 1 point on my license), and to allow me to drop one of the other non moving violations.

I went ahead and plea bargined. The result? The judge gave me a 35 dollar fine rather than a 300 dollar fine with 1 point on my record.
Conclusion...It pays to go to court. I probably could of presented my case and got out of all 3 citations, but it wasn't worth the judge throwing out the non moving violations and then being stuck with the moving violation which goes on my record. The end result, I am extremely happy. The court got what they wanted, which was for me not to present my case, but yet have me plea guilty on one account, and I got what I wanted.

Now that court is over, I'm going to request a copy of the cruiser video, since I can get one for 5 bucks without jumping thru hoops.

Once I get it, I'll convert it to digital and put in on the web to show how much of an ASS the officer was since it IS public information.
:beer:
Ryan

Last edited:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by SHOLANDO
Post the Video....Please

I got the Video. Found a form online for public records. I filled out the request, sent 5 bucks, and submitted it. 4 days later it is in my possesion. Talk about easy now that I'm done in court. The Srgt told me there would be no sound, well guess what? At minute 6 I hear the officer fart in his car. Oh yeah, there is sound alright.

When I reviewed the vid I noticed I may have over-reacted a bit (not swearing, just taking the officer's words more sensitive), but who wouldn't when you are issued 3 tickets at one stop. There were some smart ass comments that were made by the officer and you can see the officer reach in to grab the ticket out of my hand. Overall, I good video. I particularly like the ending, where the cop tells me if I don't like it, go to court, and then a speed away :burnout:

If I can get it converted to digital I'll post the vid. In order to do that though I may need a TV tuner so I can have a video in to my PC.

:beer:
Ryan

V8 SuperCoupe

Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SVT4ME
We want to see it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed!

SKip

Users who are viewing this thread