The Death of an Era

CanyonOne

Established Member
The Detroit News "The last of 6.7 million Mustangs built at the famed Ford Rouge complex today will wind its way through one of the world’s last remaining multifloor assembly plants. " From now on Mustangs will have a little Mazda in them. The Mustang built on the same line as Mazda. :nonono:

CanyonOne

Established Member
I care, the Mustang is as all American car as you can get and being built in Detroit, MI is the natural place to build a car. Building the Mustang in a plant with a Japanese name plate is just not right. You do not see GM building Corvette in joint owned plant with Opel.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Originally posted by CanyonOne
You do not see GM building Corvette in joint owned plant with Opel.

true, but i don't think they're built in bowling green ky. any more either...

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
boo hoo - look, nobody cares - seriously, I have strong doubts you wouldn't start building as many cars as possible under one roof if you could - cut costs significantly - and these are BUISNESSES - they need to MAKE MONEY - that's why they exist!
Stop crying, accept that they need to make money, and suck it up princess. It's just a building. it's just a piece of property.

2814v

Established Member
As long as they build better mustangs and they dont have dirt in the paint spray booths, I say so long dearborn.

This thread is dumb. There is a reason why Ford has been getting it's ass stomp for years as far as profits go. They are moving into the 21st century (GASP) with flexible manufacturing. It makes a hell of a lot more sense to make multiple cars on the same line then one car per mutimillion dollar plant. And Mazda is pretty much an American company since Ford owns them. Nuff said.

You are right about the death of an era...that era would be the era of American companies getting their asses stomped by smarter, more efficient Japanese companies. They still have quite a ways to go to match the efficiency of the Japanese, but they are definitely moving in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread