The death of my 4.6 2v =/

mylilgt

Established Member
Just wanted to share the destruction of my Stock engine that blew up.:shrug: Both sides of the block shot rods out and pieces of what used to be a piston. :(

388885_290009617708273_97164316_n.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

330033_283435935032308_100000977115520_797591_1711747620_o.jpg

2.jpg

mylilgt

Established Member
What caused it? Bad tank of gas? Bad tune?
I filled up at my usual place same pump etc... after 12 miles later my car had a little hesitation. Noticed it more when i went into a WOT, i felt it bog down then all of a sudden it picked up like if i had a nitrous kit installed. So i thought it was my spark plugs/coil packs. Didn't See A CEL. So i just checked my coil packs which where good, then started to change my sparkplugs. Everything was good... it cured the hesitation so i thought... then right after i did a WOT Pass I hear like if i hit something... all my gauges do a full sweep and my oil pressure falls to 0. Rpms - 0, mph- 110. etc... with a big cloud/trail of oil.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Wow! That sux. I wonder what happened. Looks,like detonation for sure, maybe bad gas. Heres your excuse to build a monster! Gotta look on the bright side.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

mylilgt

Established Member
Wow! That sux. I wonder what happened. Looks,like detonation for sure, maybe bad gas. Heres your excuse to build a monster! Gotta look on the bright side.
I already have :banana:;) i have pics of the new build but to lazzy to post! jhaha!

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
That really sucks there is no worst feeling in the world then when you pop your first motor. Build it better and stronger!

mylilgt

Established Member
How much power where you making with the 12lbs?
I was making 390rwhp. the unit was making 12lbs and the car was only seeing around 9lbs after the intercooler.:dw:

Ouch, that sucks man.
yeah =/ i didn't know what to do when it gave.

i've learned with these blower if anything is acting funny, get out of it lol. you got it pretty good.
Yeah i kinda learned the hardway:burn:
That really sucks there is no worst feeling in the world then when you pop your first motor. Build it better and stronger!
Yeah, i was pretty much bummed out. Then again, i was somewhat happy that it gave the way it did! It was pretty much like all or nothing situation! haha

At 11-12 you were probably getting close to the 450 rwhp limit. Now you can spend the $$$ and build a real engine capable of handling anything you can throw at it.
It was on a real reserve tune only made 390rwhp... i didnt want to blow it but i guess it was just destiny taking place...

wow that sucks man
yeah tell me about it! i cried a lil haha! :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread