#$^# the DMV!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ordered my personal plates 3 months ago. Finally got a notice in the mail that they were ready and I could make an appointment (screw that) or go in to pick em up.

So I drove by around 9:15 on Wed morning after my early class, the line was out to the street. Appointment? This is America damnit!

Went home to take off my rear plate, threw everything together, and headed off.

Got there and the line wasn't as bad. Ended up waiting an hour and a half JUST to get a number to wait and be called on by the area I needed to see.

Sat down and waited another hour to be called. :mj: Got to the window, told her what I was doing, so she went and got my plates. Showed em to me, OK. She pulled me up in the computer and says your registrations expired. No SH&T, I sent that checkin Novemeber 7th. She says you have to pay now if you want the plates. So Im like um, you want me to pay twice? How much do I owe? $850 somethin or other ($@%$ triple car tax not being recalled before mine was due!) So I said FUNK DAT, Im not paying that much twice and HOPING you asholes get around to sending me a refund.

The great thing is, my bank showed that the check was cashed the day before I went in. Glad to see they are eager to cash the payment and slow in posting the credit.

Damn Federal Law about strangling government employees. I was about to go over the counter on that biotch :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

ralphy1798

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 DSG Snake
Ordered my personal plates 3 months ago. Finally got a notice in the mail that they were ready and I could make an appointment (screw that) or go in to pick em up.

So I drove by around 9:15 on Wed morning after my early class, the line was out to the street. Appointment? This is America damnit!

Went home to take off my rear plate, threw everything together, and headed off.

Got there and the line wasn't as bad. Ended up waiting an hour and a half JUST to get a number to wait and be called on by the area I needed to see.

Sat down and waited another hour to be called. :mj: Got to the window, told her what I was doing, so she went and got my plates. Showed em to me, OK. She pulled me up in the computer and says your registrations expired. No SH&T, I sent that checkin Novemeber 7th. She says you have to pay now if you want the plates. So Im like um, you want me to pay twice? How much do I owe? $850 somethin or other ($@%$ triple car tax not being recalled before mine was due!) So I said FUNK DAT, Im not paying that much twice and HOPING you asholes get around to sending me a refund.

The great thing is, my bank showed that the check was cashed the day before I went in. Glad to see they are eager to cash the payment and slow in posting the credit.

Damn Federal Law about strangling government employees. I was about to go over the counter on that biotch :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

They gave me th run around for 9 months!!! try waiting that long for the plates. I had moved in the meantime and they couldnt transfer the plates up to where i moved, I would have to go in in person and ask them to send them up, I MIGHT AS WELL PICK THEM UP!!! dumbasses. So i go down to LA to pick them up. I had called the day before to sacramento to make sure the branch would be open that i sent them to. "Yes they will be open." haha, i get down there saturday at 8am (3hour drive) and they are not ****ing open!!!! I was pissed made some calls, still got nothing done. I finally got the manager in San Luis Obispo, where i moved and she called, said they would be there thursday... she was right...!!! Anyways, it took a long time and 6 hour drive out of my way!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
damn that sucks. i would've been on the news for taking a dmv office hostage. ;-) so what'd you get for your plates? "DMV H8R" :burnout:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Damn that sucks Ronnie , see what happens when yopu drive a DSG...LOL!
Speaking of high registration fees , my friend 03 Navigator fee just came in at a whopping $1259.00.His payments are like 800 and his registration is that high.
The sticker on his car was like 59,000 , can you imagine if it was like 150,000 like a modena or something....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread