THE DYNO RESULTS ARE IN ( for now )!! Our Whipple Supercharged 2024 Mustang GT!!

Jake@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The dyno results are in on our Whipple Supercharged 2024 Mustang GT ....for now!
It's what you have all been waiting for (some more patiently than others...)!

We put our Whipple Supercharged Mustang GT on the dyno over at Palm Beach Dyno to see what numbers it would make... and it did NOT disappoint!

This is a 6-speed 2024 Mustang GT using the Whipple calibration on 93 octane. We installed a Stage 2 Whipple Supercharger kit with the Gen 6 3.0L supercharger and are using the 3.75" pulley, which is what comes standard in the kit. We also have a set of Kooks Longtube headers, a Corsa HH-pipe, an RXT clutch and a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft.

We did run into an issue of hitting a limiter at 7100rpm which is set by Ford on all manual transmission 2024 Mustangs (including the Dark Horse) so we didn't get a full RPM run. This same issue happened with our stock baseline runs. We did do a full pull in 3rd gear, which did not hit a limiter, and it made 781rwhp! On average, the 4th gear numbers were about 20-30hp more than 3rd gear so we wonder if fixing the limiter will present us with an 800+rwhp number.

Remember this is on the stock Whipple calibration, stock 3.75" pulley and 93 octane!

2024mustangGT_dyno_whipple.jpg

But Whipple is working on a limiter fix! However the numbers so far are more than promising and you would not be hitting 7100rpm in 4th gear while going down the track in this setup.... which means it's time to hit the drag strip!

Click here to follow the build:
OUR LETHAL PERFORMANCE SUPERCHARGED 2024 MUSTANG GT BUILD

Stay tuned for Part 2 where we'll [hopefully] have a fix for the limiter issue AND we'll test out some smaller pulley sizes and a little ethanol to see what kind of gains we can squeak out of this setup.
#teamlethal #whippletheworld

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Can that motor handle that? And are you guys going to be brining it to the track next?

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
They got over 800 in another gear. Gotta love dynos

Attachments

• IMG_8389.jpeg
    IMG_8389.jpeg
    669.1 KB · Views: 30

q6543

Established Member
Stick cars usually out MPH their auto counterparts… that’s why them damn c6 Zr1s will run 9.7 at 160 plus

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Stick cars usually out MPH their auto counterparts… that’s why them damn c6 Zr1s will run 9.7 at 160 plus

That was true until the 90s and early 00's.. These days there are exactly 0 modern examples of this phenomena being true.

Easy example is a 2018 gen 3 mustang. 6 speed vs 10 speed the auto out-traps the manual in stock form by 3-4 mph time after time after time.

Add mods and the gap gets even worse for the manual.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They got over 800 in another gear. Gotta love dynos
Same gear just with the ability to rev 4th out now. The numbers in the video above are in 3rd gear at 7800 and in 4th gear at 7100. Since 4th is 1:1 on this trans it's going to give the most accurate results. Now that Whipple fixed the 7100 4th gear limiter it's making what it should when we rev it out. Even our baseline of 396rwhp was at 7100 in 4th since the limiter was in place. More info and footage is being edited now and should be released shortly.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Same gear just with the ability to rev 4th out now. The numbers in the video above are in 3rd gear at 7800 and in 4th gear at 7100. Since 4th is 1:1 on this trans it's going to give the most accurate results. Now that Whipple fixed the 7100 4th gear limiter it's making what it should when we rev it out. Even our baseline of 396rwhp was at 7100 in 4th since the limiter was in place. More info and footage is being edited now and should be released shortly.
Maybe I missed it, but was this 4th gear limiter due to hitting the car's speed limiter or something else?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is this safe on 93? Whats different on the gen 4 coyote to allow this sort of hp safely on 93?
I'm not a tuner or engineer so I'm just giving my opinion on this based from my personal experience with the car and the people involved in it. From our datalogs everything looked great. No knock and no timing being pulled. Fuel pressure looked great as well. Also just to be clear our car runs headers with offroad test pipes which I'm sure attribute to the power that we made. All of this stuff we covered in our build video but wanted to make sure you were aware if you haven't watched the content yet. I would think with the stock exhaust on the car the results would indeed vary. By how much I can't say as we just went all in from the beginning.

This is Whipple's best calibration ever. A lot of time, money and testing has gone into this. Each cylinder is mapped individually and a ton of air flow model and torque management work was done to make this as good as it is.

Since these runs we added some VP Octanium unleaded to 93 as we're definitely pushing the limits of what just 93 is safely capable of as well as us dropping down in pulley size to the 3.625".

Stay tuned as part 2 of our dyno testing drops soon.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Maybe I missed it, but was this 4th gear limiter due to hitting the car's speed limiter or something else?
I'm not really sure if it was a speed limiter or rev limit. All I know is that I datalogged the car with many different configuration files so they could figure it out which they eventually did.

Users who are viewing this thread