The first step?

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
After I get my fender fixed and the slight prob. with my engine.... I want to start moding tha hell out of my car!

What would be a good place to start??? Suspension??? Engine work???

O and Y are the stoker kits for the 4.6L's SOOOO expensive???

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Modular motors are expensive, get used to it. Also, build the block and supercharge it and be done with it. Do that first. Dont do the bolt ons, just a blower. Suspension, you want to stiffen the car up with a set of subframe connectors that are welded in. These will help out and keep the car from flexing/frame twisting when you get serious with the power. Also, the tune is SO IMPORTANT with these cars. Do a TON of research, do it right the first time.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
sorry I disagree with madmatt ....

Do your suspension first ... subframes, lowering springs, caster/camber plates, K-member if your going to do that, upper/lower control arms etc. THEN do your engine ... more power does you absolutely no freeking good if you can't get it to the ground in a meaningful way.

I would add exhaust the list of things to do first as well ... mustangs from the factory sound liks shyt ...

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
The Mods Listed On My Car Were All Well Worth The Money Spent On Them So I Would Recomend The Same Parts...

Dallas_5.0

Established Member
kinda off topic....but would any one know what would change to antifreeze color to a redish brown color?? i'm still having a problem with cooling the engine....and i keep loseing coolent somehow...

WHITE2000GT

Established Member
Dallas_5.0 said:
kinda off topic....but would any one know what would change to antifreeze color to a redish brown color?? i'm still having a problem with cooling the engine....and i keep loseing coolent somehow...

change the coolant, and flush the radiator when u do. the reddish brown is rust inside your engine. mine was like that and i changed the coolant and flush it, man does it run a lot cooler.

as for parts i would do the suspension and tighten up the car first. put some subframes and k-member and anything else that would tighten it up. then do gears, exhaust, tb, and upper plenum. gears will help the car out tremendously.

Users who are viewing this thread