The first time that you saw a terminator

Thrust

Established Member
I remember a little over 5 years ago (wow has it really been that long?) Reading a Car and Driver feature about the new mustang cobra. I was really impressed with the car and made it a point to keep my eyes open for one. Living in Detroit at the time, I knew that It would only be a matter of time before I had an encounter.

At some of the racing spots the terminator was already building up a rep as a very strong car, and that it could be modded just like the lightnings. This was all sight unseen as no one had one. Needless to say I was hyped, and put the terminator on my list.

FFW a few weeks to the Woodward dream cruise. Im rolling down Woodward in my dakota r/t, and suddenly I hear the then strange sound of a screaming eaton. Traffic was pretty thick, but the cobra's lane was clear. I watch his car approach in my side view mirror, and wonder if that is the new cobra.

He pulled along side of me as we stopped at a light. The car was mineral grey and still had the temp tag in the window. I pulled up alittle and asked the driver if it was a '03. He smiled and said "yes". So I proceeded to ask the dumbass question: "How fast is it?". He looked at me and said: "When I hit the gas, I swear that I can almost swallow my eyeballs!" We both laughed, and he went on his way. Two years later, I bought my terminator.

That was my first terminator encounter, and I will never forget it. What was your first terminator encounter?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I was sittin in my 93 Faleen directly behind one, a Crimson Red one. Even with all the goodies I had on my 93 (YS trim, Steeda #18 cam, o/r H, etc, etc) I still thought to myself how badass it looked.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
My son and I were riding by a local used car dealership.....We were in my 93 LX, and my son (8 years old) said look at that cobra daddy. I said son that isn't a cobra (I only caught a glimpse of it).... So we turned around and went back. Sure enough, it was an 03. We ask to test drive it. After cranking it, I noticed this was unlike my buddy's 99 cobra. It just sounded different. On the test drive, the salesman had to ride with us....but I didn't let that stop me. I nailed it, and you could hear the Eaton yelling.....I loved it....My son's exact words were "I love when he does that"....He was used to it....the LX had 550 to the rear.....and the salesman's exact words were "I don't" :) :) :)

I would have bought it, but it had 88,000 miles, and they wanted 26,000 for it....I had to leave empty handed....Then several months later, I noticed that a member on here had a torch red for sale. I also noticed it was on EBay. I bought it....

That is what I currently have....I love every minute of it...

My buddy is jealous....his 99 don't hold a candle....he just ordered an HP Twin 57 kit....maybe that will get him up to par....

Frank

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
My brother walked into my room and asked if I would like to see his new car. Me thinking nothing of it walk outside to see a brand new Oxford White 03 Cobra. I remember he took me for a ride and said to me, "Want to see what a 13 sec. car feels like" (He might of been a bad driver). From then on, I knew I had to have a Cobra. Unfortunatly, Im only 21 and the GT is all I can afford. But someday...

562cobra

Hlistr_07RR ftl
Established Member
first time i seen one i was like ugh look at the spoiler. then i started doing research and fell in love with it.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
when i was a kid and me and my dad test drove a sonic blue one without anyone else in the car. I thought it was cool watching the gauge move when we floored it(boost gauge)

He ended up not buying it, but boy i wish he woudl have. My mom said that it was to fast of a car lol.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I remember at the plant I work at , one day when I was walking by a rack that holds the bumpers that we mold there , I saw the back bumper with the larger COBRA letters. As simple as that was , I was hooked right there

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Bought my Termy after seeing the feature poster at my Ford dealership back in February 2002. Took delivery in late August. Love it! (Dealer wouldn't give me a brochure until after I put the deposit on the car.)

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I saw it when they introduced it at the Chicago Auto Show in 02....
I though Mustang Cobra + a factory supercharger + a warranty = I WANT IT!.

rob03svt06

Purple Heart Veteran
Established Member
in 99 when the body 99-04 style came out i hated it. in 03 when i saw the cobra.. "drule" its still the only ones i like. the 03-04 cobras. dont like the mach's, GT's, or the sixers. if its a fake. it looks good, still dont have the whine thoe.

rob03svt06

Purple Heart Veteran
Established Member
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
I saw it when they introduced it at the Chicago Auto Show in 02....
I though Mustang Cobra + a factory supercharger + a warranty = I WANT IT!.

dont wanna bust yer balls, but its that. "THOUGHT" ???

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Thats a good questions, i dont really remember. I think the first time was on here and watching blades videos. I thought to myself, man that car looks absolutely badass!! Then i went to my local ford dealership and they had 2 sitting in the showroom. One was black vert and the other was a silver coupe. Ever since then i was hooked on svtp. and cobras.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
56203cobra said:
first time i seen one i was like ugh look at the spoiler. then i started doing research and fell in love with it.

Same here. My first impression was the smooth and sleek body style looked rather plain. I actually preferred the looks of the more edgy looking GT. It's safe to say my opinion has changed.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The first one I saw was in a parking lot. It was sitting there looking mean, and it was mineral grey.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
First time I saw one was a picture, (the silver coupe and red Vert') I hated the front bumper, thought it was too plain and not aggressive enough. So I photoshopped it to see if I could make it look better. Then I saw that video of the SB Cobra VS. Davids H/C/I sprayed Z28. The Cobra got smoked. Video after video, picture after picture I became Hooked! It's one of the best looking cars I've ever laid my eyes on. First time I seen one in person was when I was working in FL, I was like a kid, I was 21.

04ssssvt

04ssssvt
Established Member
my cousin bought an 03 sonic blue..man that thing was nuts..wasn't a huge fan of american cars(I'm middle eastern) so I never really paid too much attention..Christmas eve..( 2 years ago) I was 18 y/o I was driving home from the gym..I pull a right onto my street. and there it was..an 04 torch red with the chrome wheels..OMG it looked amazing.. my whole family was surrounding the car...i immediately got out of my moms car and ran up to the car asking my rents WTF is this!!!.. my dad handed me the keys and said merry christmas..I couldn't believe it.. I thought it was a big joke or something. I was about to cry. I just stared at the car for 30 mintues before getting into it because i was too excited..haha .got in the car and my cousin sat next to me..the second i pushed the clutch in i took the key back out of the ignition and told my cousin i couldn't drive this thing..he started laughing and he told me i had no choice...the car had 2900 miles on it when we got it.. almost 2 years later and it still hasn't gotten old. Pullied it and tuned it for now..kb soon hopefully..and I will never ever ever...consider buying a german car to go fast LOL
shagspics124.jpg

n17906341_30221570_4872.jpg

Last edited:

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I used to want a camaro. My buddy has one mean ass one. Anyway we went out racing one night and i see this silver mustang blowing passed him at about 65 and i hear this winding/roaring sound and didnt know what the hell it was. From that point on i wanted one of these. A year and a half later i bought one. :)

mers1083

Established Member
I was in tom's river NJ on RT37 and i saw a sonic blue cobra pull up to an old school muscle car and they both took off and the 03 cobra shifts 2nd gear and the back end swings out and almost hits a telephone pole. After that i was like "wow!! i have to get myself one of these" i sold my Audi S4 and bought one about a year later.

04Venom

Established Member
The first Terminator I saw was a Black Coupe with heavily tinted windows and an exhaust. It was the definition of Badass! The Bullitt I was driving felt so inadequate.

Users who are viewing this thread