The Force is Strong"R" With This One

Art Vandelay

Established Member
Is Honeybadger’s spoiler aftermarket? If yes, made by which company? Also, I think I see a silver bolt showing between the deck lid and spoiler. Is that correct? Seems wrong, no?

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Is Honeybadger’s spoiler aftermarket? If yes, made by which company? Also, I think I see a silver bolt showing between the deck lid and spoiler. Is that correct? Seems wrong, no?
Yes..HCM Carbon. I will let Kevin answer the rest...

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
It is... and he isn’t very happy with it. I am trying to get him a Carbon2Carbon piece.

The silver you are seeing is some funky light reflection.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally got some photos of my car taken by photographer Summit SS on Instagram. Good kid with some serious skills.

Summit SS 350R Photos (1).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (2).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (3).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (4).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (5).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (6).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (7).jpg
Summit SS 350R Photos (8).jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Haven’t had time to update much. Not a whole lot happening, but some fun stuff.

Heading to the Raptor Assault in Utah next week. Looks like snow so I can’t wait for that. Anyone else going March 6-7?

Raptor_Assault.jpg

Also bit the bullet and bought something I’ve been wanting for a loooooong time. Should be here his weekend.

Carbon2_Carbon.jpg

One more item left to complete the puzzle before Fab Fords and the Buttonwillow track day in April.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That's nice. I don't know about that front splitter, though. My luck, I'd crack it in the first month. It definitely gives the car a higher end look. How much?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
That's nice. I don't know about that front splitter, though. My luck, I'd crack it in the first month. It definitely gives the car a higher end look. How much?
The carbon is pretty stout. My first GT350 one held up very well with the splitter guard washers from ZL1 Addons......

Cost on the full CF kit was not cheap though. North of 5k..... in the snow north

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Do you have some more detailed pictures of it? I'd like to see a straight on closeup view of the rear diffuser and the side skirts.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Do you have some more detailed pictures of it? I'd like to see a straight on closeup view of the rear diffuser and the side skirts.
Kit should be here this weekend and is getting ceramic coated and PPF where appropriate. I will get a bunch of pics up

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
The big day is near. Parts should be arriving to my detail partner Imperial Works tomorrow. Got these photos sent over from Carbon Composites by MAD. Who the heck is that you may ask?

As many of you are aware Carbon2Carbon pulled down their online site. Chris owned that company and used it for the GT350 parts. Chris is now consolidating Carbon2Carbon into his pre-esxisting MAD industries umbrella. I will be working with them to launch the new web page, and bring a nice group buy for the spring/summer. Until then, here are some photos of what’s coming
headbang.gif

F292BEE1-C696-4CB8-8FB5-4FCBBAA4B395.jpeg
C525B0D4-E1F8-43E8-B42F-3BA2BCC92C70.jpeg
3345F3AB-5169-423B-9B69-3CE2B0D729E7.jpeg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
This excites me. Whats your guess on when we can expect photos?
My guess would be closer to April. Need time to get it all ceramic coated, and PPF applied. Awaiting the new wheels to come in also. Probably going to take a few weekends to find the time to get it all done.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
New wheels again?? I guess the "Deep" in your screen name stands for deep pockets. haha

Do the parts come with new fasteners or do the existing ones get reused? You know how those little grommets are never the same after they've been used once. I wouldn't want all that money in carbon fiber flopping around precariously while driving down the road. Any chance of that company trying to build some carbon fiber wheels, too?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
New wheels again?? I guess the "Deep" in your screen name stands for deep pockets. haha

Do the parts come with new fasteners or do the existing ones get reused? You know how those little grommets are never the same after they've been used once. I wouldn't want all that money in carbon fiber flopping around precariously while driving down the road. Any chance of that company trying to build some carbon fiber wheels, too?

I wish the pockets were deep. Just buy and sell to offset the costs. The parts come with new hardware when needed. All the components are made to fit with the OEM tabs, screws and clips. On this car at least there are no rubber grommets. The wing comes with new bolts, but you only need them if you don’t have an R already.

Carbon wheels would be cost prohibitive though. Better off buying take off’s from an R. They are building the R for 19 it appears, so more sets will be available.

Established Member
hey 50 deep your car is beautiful. Are those LED turn signals and where did you get the tow hook??

Capture.JPG

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Just finished up my install of the full Carbon Composites by MAD exterior carbon fiber kit. 16 hours later we have some photos. Car was filthy, but we got something to work with. More pics and details to come later. Have a group buy active for the wing, splitter, and full kit. Send me a PM for that info. For now, feast....

Full Carbon GT350R (1 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (2 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (3 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (4 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (5 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (6 of 7).jpg
Full Carbon GT350R (7 of 7).jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'm gonna need to see some higher resolution pics. I'm not diggin' it right now. Also looks like some fitment issues with the rear valence.

Users who are viewing this thread