The Georgia Guidestones

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
Pretty interesting read.

The Mystery of The American Stonehenge: The Georgia Guidestones « Project: Sanctuary

Called the Georgia Guidestones, the monument is a mystery—nobody knows exactly who commissioned it or why. The only clues to its origin are on a nearby plaque on the ground—which gives the dimensions and explains a series of intricate notches and holes that correspond to the movements of the sun and stars—and the “guides” themselves, directives carved into the rocks. These instructions appear in eight languages ranging from English to Swahili and reflect a peculiar New Age ideology. Some are vaguely eugenic (guide reproduction wisely—improving fitness and diversity); others prescribe standard-issue hippie mysticism (prize truth—beauty—love—seeking harmony with the infinite).

SNCBOOM

Established Member
They're about 5 minutes from my parents house in the middle of BFE.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I wonder if they got cleaned up....they got tagged pretty good a while back. And since nobody seems to know the owners I wonder who might have cleaned them up.

silverstang23

Established Member
Someone explained to me where they were from recently. Let me see if i can find that.

Found it :
In June 1979, an unknown person or persons under the pseudonym R. C. Christian hired Elberton Granite Finishing Company to build the structure.[2] One popular hypothesis is that the author pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 14th-century founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreu

Users who are viewing this thread