The "Good & Bad" Dealer List for GT500.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
One of the things we can do here on the forums, to combat the madness that is already occuring with "Dealer Gougeing", is to list a dealer if you have had good success with them, so other forum members can go to those dealers and get on their lists. Likewise, if you have had a bad scenerio, you can list how bad the dealer was and how over retail they were:

Please, only list occurances that actually happenend to you, not experiences that were told to you, second hand... The goal is for this to be a factual informational source for people seriously interested in buying this car..

Please refrain from going off topic, or any comments other than listing the actual dealers...

Thankyou!!..

I'll start us off..
+20,000 OVER retail :eek:

BAD
Dunphy Motors/Ford in Philadelphia
Was told over the phone 8/16/05, by the sales manager, to bring down $500 in cash, to put down on A Shelby, to hold the #1 alotment at MSRP. "It will not be a problem" he said..
Came down that night in the pouring rain after work, after makeing a withdrawl at my Bank.. Owner of the Dealer overruled the deal..
I was turned away.. "We are not taking deposits and will not offer the car at retail" end result:
+undertermined amount above retail on their possible 1 to 2 car alotment.

Cant wait to hear more! :rollseyes

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
I watched the paint fade on the 03/04 Cobras at numerous dealers in and around the Pittsburgh area. Why did this happen? Do performance enthusiasts not like SVT products? Was the car ugly? Was it not fast enough?

Obviously non of the above. What other reason could there be? Very simple-Price. These cars did not sell very well at $35,000. They disappeared once they were discounted 3-4 grand and rebated another 3 grand. The GT500 will likely be tagged 4-5 thousand higher. Has the loyal Mustang crowd who will purchase the bulk of these cars gotten significantly wealthier in the last year?

There will be many diehard Mustangers who will never purchase one of these cars because they will be to expensive. Price will be the limiting factor. It is no more complicated than that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread