The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The only benefit I personally see to an EV is predicated on whether you can charge for free and if you don’t have it past the 100% warranty.

If you have to front the money to install the charging system, pay the increased electric, and buy batteries then I do not see how it is even as good as a run of the mill ICE vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The only benefit I personally see to an EV is predicated on whether you can charge for free and if you don’t have it past the 100% warranty.

If you have to front the money to install the charging system, pay the increased electric, and buy batteries then I do not see how it is even as good as a run of the mill ICE vehicle.

What do you mean if? All of those things are part of EV ownership.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

But ev owners are not charging their lady shavers for free.

Who's paying for those free charging stations? Where does that money come from?

It's like antenna tv and radio. That's "free" right?

Uhm, no it's not. You indirectly pay for antenna tv when you buy products and services advertised on it, and through your tax dollars. PBS is a perfect example.

Cable tv was advertised as "commercial free" when it first came out. That was the big advantage. Now look at it.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
What do you mean if? All of those things are part of EV ownership.

Some employers have “free” charging stations. Not everyone keeps a vehicle past the warranty.

I personally will not own an EV.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Some employers have “free” charging stations. Not everyone keeps a vehicle past the warranty.

I personally will not own an EV.

Even if you don't keep the car past the warranty you will pay for the battery through depreciation of the vehicle.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Even if you don't keep the car past the warranty you will pay for the battery through depreciation of the vehicle.

I honestly have no clue what the depreciation is on an EV in comparison to a comparable ICE vehicle. About as far as any EV discussion has made it in my home is wondering what we are going to do about company vehicles.

That said, I have no doubt that you would be correct in that EV’s have stupid depreciation on battery replacement fears alone.

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
1689892104341.png

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The silence from @kaz109 and @Fatmike and other pro EV supporters is all I need to know that EVs are a complete scam and have zero benefit over gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Not one benefit over ICE! Wow!

Not fair. They provide emotional benefit.

While driving around in their vastly inferior EV truck-like objects they can be satisfied that they are morally superior to the dumb rubes in their ICE vehicles.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Was it maybe Fat Boss?

Nah, just not triggered and obsessed over every little thing like you guys are. Seriously, every single day there's a new thread about something else that's triggering you "guys" with the lady trucks with V6's and automatics..

I'm just beating the shit out of the Mach-E going to work and back and driving my truck and Shelby when I'm not.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nah, just not triggered and obsessed over every little thing like you guys are. Seriously, every single day there's a new thread about something else that's triggering you "guys" with the lady trucks with V6's and automatics..

I'm just beating the shit out of the Mach-E going to work and back and driving my truck and Shelby when I'm not.
All I did was correct him in your username, and didn't even tag you or say a thing about you. You're the one who's triggered.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
@derklug

- How long will this ship burn?
- Will they sink it on purpose to put it out?
- Will it sink by itself?
- Can Greta be airlifted on it to protest the pollution before it sinks?

Ship carrying nearly 3,000 cars ablaze off Dutch coast, crew member dead

IMG_7506.jpeg

1690453309880.jpeg

Source:

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Shame one of the crew was killed by this, my money is on it sinking before they can put it out. They will spray and pray from the outside until its way off ballast and something structurally lets go from the heat.

Dont think there is a safe way for them to scuttle it aside from torpedoing it or some flavor of guided munitions. If it sinks they wont be able to properly investigate and identify the source of the fire. I wonder what kind of payout or financial hit the shipping company gets from this and if they will still transport EV's on their ships.

Last edited:

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Shame one of the crew was killed by this, my money is on it sinking before they can put it out. They will spray and pray from the outside until its off way off ballast and something structurally lets go from the heat.

Dont think there is a safe way for them to scuttle it aside from torpedoing it or some flavor of guided munitions. If it sinks they wont be able to properly investigate and identify the source of the fire. I wonder what kind of payout or financial hit the shipping company gets from this and if they will still transport EV's on their ships.

IF it was in East Palestine, OH full of blue collar republicans, they'd scuttle it, collect the insurance, and never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread