The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If any OEM had done this they would have been fined out the ass and early.

Here’s what we know: 10 years ago, Elon Musk directed his team to rig his vehicles’ dashboard readouts with “rosy” range projection. Why? “Elon wanted to show good range numbers when fully charged…When you buy a car off the lot seeing 350-mile, 400-mile range, it makes you feel good.”

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
The V8 is still dead though, sad. Im curious how the turbo6 is gonna do, performance and reliability wise.
Dead for dodge in ‘24. My guess if they find out what makes them money in ‘25 they will continue to make V8s. Which will make every retard that fell for “last call” by dodge lose tens of thousands of dollars. Suckers I guess.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Saw a headline that Ford postponed a $12bill EV investment as well. Love that they are all saying "postponed" when we all know that really means they cancelled the program.

And this is with infinite subsidy of both production and consumption. It is impressive the degree to which consumers have rejected EVs.

In economics there is a concept known as "price elasticity." Essentially it is the math behind the increase in demand exhibited by a decrease in price. EVs appear to have no price elasticity. The price could be lowered to 0 and there would be no response in demand. I have never seen anything like it.

It will be fun to go back and look at what a **** up this will have been.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
And this is with infinite subsidy of both production and consumption. It is impressive the degree to which consumers have rejected EVs.

In economics there is a concept known as "price elasticity." Essentially it is the math behind the increase in demand exhibited by a decrease in price. EVs appear to have no price elasticity. The price could be lowered to 0 and there would be no response in demand. I have never seen anything like it.

I always go to this thought experiment: Would you still want an ev vehicle if there was no more free charging at the places you visited??? Would you want an ICE if there was free gas at the places you visited???

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Dead for dodge in ‘24. My guess if they find out what makes them money in ‘25 they will continue to make V8s. Which will make every retard that fell for “last call” by dodge lose tens of thousands of dollars. Suckers I guess.
The pushrod equipped, port injected Hemi V8 is dead.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The EPA is still full steam ahead and that won't change unless D's pay a price at the poll for limiting choice among consumers.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Why would any repair shop accept one for repair? And this is in the EU! space is at a premium!

British government guidelines insist damaged BEVs awaiting repair should be quarantined in a 15-yard zone.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

I dunno. If I were given a Plaid, I'd use it, but I'd never cosider buying one - I sure as hell wouldn't park them in my garage where the "normal" cars live.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd imagine that new I6 they're coming out with will go into pretty much everything that can accept it. They have a 4cyl version of it that will be used as well.
I'd imagine that new I6 they're coming out with will go into pretty much everything that can accept it. They have a 4cyl version of it that will be used as well.
That inline 6 turbo is referred to as Hurrcane and produces 500+ HP. It is way behind schedule and there haven't even been sighting of mules with this drivetrain in the 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread