The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The great unwind is beginning. It will be fun to see how CA backs out of their mandates.

Wow, even retard politicians see the wall approaching. The car makers could see this ass kicking coming a mile away but had no choice but to plan for the hard ban dates.

Automobile giant Ford Motor Co.’s (NYSE: F) UK Chair Lisa Branklin expressed concern over the UK potentially relaxing its current target to ban new petrol and diesel car sales by 2030. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak stated on Tuesday that while his Government remained committed to achieving a net zero emissions target by 2050, he intends to achieve it in a “better, more proportionate way.”

A BBC report suggested that the UK is considering pushing back its deadline to phase out non-electric vehicles to 2035, which Ford views as a mistake that could jeopardize the transition to electric vehicles (EVs).

Brankin emphasized that the 2030 target is crucial for Ford’s plans to embrace a cleaner future. The company has already invested £430 million in UK facilities and has further investments aligned with the 2030 timeline. Branklin stated that Ford needs “three things from the U.K. government: ambition, commitment and consistency.”

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, even retard politicians see the wall approaching. The car makers could see this ass kicking coming a mile away but had no choice but to plan for the hard ban dates.

Automobile giant Ford Motor Co.’s (NYSE: F) UK Chair Lisa Branklin expressed concern over the UK potentially relaxing its current target to ban new petrol and diesel car sales by 2030. British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak stated on Tuesday that while his Government remained committed to achieving a net zero emissions target by 2050, he intends to achieve it in a “better, more proportionate way.”

A BBC report suggested that the UK is considering pushing back its deadline to phase out non-electric vehicles to 2035, which Ford views as a mistake that could jeopardize the transition to electric vehicles (EVs).

Brankin emphasized that the 2030 target is crucial for Ford’s plans to embrace a cleaner future. The company has already invested £430 million in UK facilities and has further investments aligned with the 2030 timeline. Branklin stated that Ford needs “three things from the U.K. government: ambition, commitment and consistency.”
No idea in this UK case but you do realize that most government policies are endorsed, if not written by these big companies, no?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No idea in this UK case but you do realize that most government policies are endorsed, if not written by these big companies, no?

Wrong, in this case, they were dragged kicking and screaming into the Green Insanity.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong, in this case, they were dragged kicking and screaming into the Green Insanity.
Doubtful. Rolling out new ev’s and promoting the shit out of coming ones is hardly being dragged. They are big enough and powerful enough to fight back (at least here). Didn’t hear much more than a whimper. The hey are global corps run by globalists and don’t tell me they didn’t buy into this shit like the rest of them.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If it gets hit hard enough to damage those structures, it was likely a hard enough hit to total any other comparable car.

Not so sure, any crack is a totaled car. Tesla owner posted up stress crack in a front structure that hadn't been in a wreck. I don't think they are that robust.

OX1

Established Member

Crucial that not only do we not have what people want to buy, but no one else does either.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_9643.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Starting to see more articles hemming and hawing about ICE bans really not being bans, LOL. Too bad they forget the EPA is regulating ICE out of existence.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
He had enough strength to bust the window out, what about a girl? Jesus. Tesla just gets a pass from the NTSB and Canadien NTSB.

phils04gt

Established Member
Are we saying EV catch on fire more or that they just are more dangerous? I am seeing they burn hotter and are not as easy to put out but all articles I see say statistically, gas power are more likely to catch fire. Not enough EVs on road to take over the lead of actual fires?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Are we saying EV catch on fire more or that they just are more dangerous? I am seeing they burn hotter and are not as easy to put out but all articles I see say statistically, gas power are more likely to catch fire. Not enough EVs on road to take over the lead of actual fires?
Two rich guys a couple miles from me died in a Tesla. They got into a slight accident and ruptured the battery. The car had no power so doors and windows were shut, they couldn't break the front window so they climbed to the back and the fumes got them. Once the lithium starts off gassing you prob have less than 15 seconds to escape. It's not the fire that gets you its the chemical gasses. With hydrocarbons they tend to burn the fuel source first then everything else.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Two rich guys a couple miles from me died in a Tesla. They got into a slight accident and ruptured the battery. The car had no power so doors and windows were shut, they couldn't break the front window so they climbed to the back and the fumes got them. Once the lithium starts off gassing you prob have less than 15 seconds to escape. It's not the fire that gets you its the chemical gasses. With hydrocarbons they tend to burn the fuel source first then everything else.
I bet firefighters love putting these out.

Users who are viewing this thread