Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
FB_IMG_1706474447717 (1).jpg

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Agreed, renewed today and our rate just went up $190 for the next 6 months compared to the last. This is with Geico for 4 cars, no changes to anything.

I’m with a small company and it only went up 50 cents but I swear I ll drop a company and possibly all car insurance if it jumps too much. Made it many years without insurance and getting tired of playing the game…

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
"
Global lithium prices are shrinking, largely due to China’s slowing demand for electric vehicles (EV), according to a new report.

The price of lithium has collapsed by more than 80% in the past year, now ringing in at $13,200 per ton (its lowest level since 2020), according to data group Benchmark Mineral Intelligence.

The oversupply of lithium means that EV prices — which have struggled to compete with gas-powered car price tags — could start falling. But in the meantime, major lithium suppliers, like Australia and South America, are scrambling to find new business models."

I could have sworn China was the future of EVs. LOL Bloomberg was reporting this just a few weeks ago

Having spend plenty of time in China, I can tell you that this is complete bullshit. There are more ICE vehicles there than in the US.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I’m with a small company and it only went up 50 cents but I swear I ll drop a company and possibly all car insurance if it jumps too much. Made it many years without insurance and getting tired of playing the game…
+1 been with the same co for 35 yrs with usually reasonable cola inreases. but all of a sudden they're hitting me with 15-25% increases. getting ready to tell them to go **** themselves

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Scary as hell. Who hasn't felt a clang off the bottom of the car because you ran over something you couldn't avoid?

EDIT: Youtube said it was inappropriate and then put it back up.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
:LOL:

London councils to raise EV parking price by 1800% due to HIGH lifetime emissions status​

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You wonder if any of the other majors that announced ICE development is frozen and being terminated have reconsidered.

During a speech held in front of 200 corporate managers and executives, Toyota Chairman Akio Toyoda reaffirmed plans for a "major engine development project." His statement is in line with an announcement made at the 2024 Tokyo Auto Salon where he "used the opportunity to tell everyone that we're going to keep doing engines."

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
"Michelin suggests getting the Primacy tire for electric vehicles, which they say offers an up to 7% increase in range."

Increase in range of charge or increase in range of life of tire?

Either way, 7% of 7000mi tire life or 7% of "300"mi charge range isn't exactly a number I'd be offering up in an interview or response to a question from media.

blk02edge

Established Member
"Michelin suggests getting the Primacy tire for electric vehicles, which they say offers an up to 7% increase in range."

Increase in range of charge or increase in range of life of tire?

Either way, 7% of 7000mi tire life or 7% of "300"mi charge range isn't exactly a number I'd be offering up in an interview or response to a question from media.
It's an increase of battery range

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seeing more people post about being demonetized and shadow banned on FB for negative EV content. The reason given to posters is that independent fact checkers have determined your content is false. They don't tell them what was false, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread