The L ALMOST costed me a ticket and then saved me from one !! Funny story

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
Ok so I don't like to take the L out in the rain, so I had an oppurtunity to take my dads car out to pick up my girlfriend. It's raining I am on the highway going about 64-67 MPH in a 60. I get pulled over :eek: the cop was trying to say that I was "Driving reckless in the certain weather" :poke: I was like ok and I told him "Sorry officer this is my dad's car and I'm not use to how it accelerates on the highway ( :bs: )" <---- It's a 2004 Grand Prix. He makes me hand him my licesense and he comes back
Officer-"I see you own a 2001 SVT Lightning?"

Me-I was like Oh sh!t! "Umm yeah I do"

Officer-"Well I know those trucks and if that ain't faster then this... you got problems. I know you are lieing to me so why don't you just take it easy? What color is your truck?"

Me- "It's red"

Officer- "The truck shows up on the computer as the plates say "ITSQWK"?"
(Now here is the really funny part for those of you who don't know I got a ticket in the mail from one of those camera's. I had the paper in the car so I showed the officer the pictures of the truck and plate) "Damn that's a nice truck I will be looking for you on this highway now and I expect you to be living up to this plate! :banana: I want one of these trucks!"

We b.s. a little more after that, he asked if I raced an SRT-10 I said not yet, but in all honestly there not worth the extra money. He let me go with nothing except a smile. LOL it was funny :rockon:

Last edited:

01RedLightning

EATON HEMI'S!!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
I think its funnier that he caught you lieing about your fathers car being quick

Exactly! I thought he would be pissed when he came back knowing I have the Lightning. I feel the best part was showing him the redlight camera pictures and him saying "that's a good looking truck"

MattSVTCobra

Established Member
Man, thats awesome! Nothing better than a cop who will just shoot the shit with you and not hustle you. Its funny he knew your truck was a sweet one and that he wanted you to live up to the name of your plate! Hope hes the one who's running lazer when you cookin on the interstate!

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Thats an awsome story!!!! Ive had similar stuff happen everytime they wanted to see under the hood. I almost took one for a ride but he had an emergency call said he would take me up on it later.

Users who are viewing this thread