The L won´t start - Please help

Henrik

Established Member
Ok, I have this 2002 Lightning, been having it for two year now with no problems what so ever.
A few days ago my cousin borrows my truck and it quits on him doing 50 mph...that´s what he says. I had to get i towed back home. The problem now is when you try starting it up, the engine turns but no spark. I have read the the dianostic codes and they are as follows:

P0234 Engine Overboost Condition
P0320 Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction
P0402 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected

I have no idea of what happend to the truck and how to fix it, can anyone please give me a hit? I would be very thankful.

Oh, the truck only has a Diablo and a Bassani exhaust.

Henrik

I'D WIN

Established Member
Diablo predator tune or Diablo chip?

Sounds like your cousin was out toying around!

Check the fuel pump reset switch near the passenger side kick panel.

If you have a chip, make sure its tight and secure. Don't assume anything.

Check all vacuum hoses, electrical connections, and most importantly -battery connections! All should be clean, tight, and free of any debri's/obstructions.

Now to the codes~

P0234 - Supercharger Overboost Condition The PCM disables (bypasses) the supercharger boost and sets a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to keep from damaging the powertrain (engine or transmission) during potential harmful operating conditions. Brake torque (brake on and throttle at wide open)
Transmission oil temperature (TOT) exceeds calibrated threshold
Engine over temperature
Ignition misfire exceeds calibrated threshold
Knock sensor (KS) failure or knock detected
Low speed fuel pump relay not switching
Check for other diagnostic trouble codes accompanying the P0234 or check appropriate and available PIDs related to above possible causes.

P0320 - Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit Malfunction The ignition engine speed sensor input signal to PCM is continuously monitored. The test fails when the signal indicates that two successive erratic profile ignition pickup (PIP) pulses have occurred. Loose wires/connectors.
Arcing secondary ignition components (coil, wires and plugs)
On board transmitter (2-way radio)
The DTC indicates that two successive erratic PIP pulses occurred.

P0402 - EGR Flow Excessive Detected The EGR system is monitored for undesired EGR flow during idle. The EGR monitor looks at the DPF EGR signal at idle and compares it to the stored signal measured during key ON and engine OFF. The test fails when the signal at idle is greater than at key ON engine OFF by a calibrated amount. EGR valve stuck open
Plugged EGR vacuum regulator solenoid vent
Plugged EGR tube
Slow responding D.P.F. EGR sensor
Damaged DPF EGR sensor
Improper vacuum hose connection
Plugged vacuum hoses
EGRVR circuit shorted to ground
Damaged EGR vacuum regulator solenoid
Damaged PCM
A DPFEGR PID reading that is greater at idle than during key ON and engine OFF by 0.5 volt or a rough engine idle, may indicate a hard fault.

Users who are viewing this thread