The love for these cars!

DR_DOOM_SVT

Established Member
I don't know what and why I am so in love with these cars, the drivability is not the greatest, car is outdated, interior sucks and this is by far my favorite car to this day.

I've had two other cobras and like 12 of other nice cars and I always still manage to come here on svtp and look at the Terminator for sale ads. Maybe it's the timeless look? The raw power it feels when you go WOT? Right now I drive a 13 wrx and drives a ton better than the cobra ever did but here I am contemplating on getting my third and final terminator. I bought my first cobra back in 2005. I know there are a few members that are in the third cobra and maybe feel the way I do. Are there any others that feel the same way?

CtSvt

Established Member
I think the body lines of an 03-04 cobra are just flat out sexy and the power just feels so raw . It all comes down to personal taste though

Last edited:

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Terminator = The epitome of what a muscle car should be...

Affordable. Cheap to mod. Pleasing to the eye. Powerful. And straight pissed off when you step on the go pedal. That's what I love about these cars.

Absolutely unassuming on the outside but it'll kick your ass when it counts.

As O. John Coletti said...
"I can go to church in the morning, pick up milk on the way home, and go right to the race track kick some butt."

That's what keeps us all captivated with these cars.

LordVader04

Established Member
I think the Terminator is the best of both worlds. I love the raw feel of a fox body and always will, but I also like the new edge and the Shelby. The Terminator still gives you the raw feel of the fox, but also has the newer power train aspects of the new edge and Shelby. I always thought if a Fox and a Shelby had one magical night together the love child produced would have been the Terminator:banana:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I think the power combined with the not so great chassis just combines for a great thrill ride of a car. It feels a bit unsafe - but in a good way :) Which is exactly how a muscle car should feel.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
i'm not on my third Cobra but still in my '03 I bought new. I've since bought a few other new cars, traded some, kept some, but I will always own my Cobra. I love this car, for many reasons, but the best all around answer is a late afternoon summers drive, top down, just enjoying it. Then I get somebody either tell me about their love for my car and their desire to own one someday or I get someone in some fancy hot sports car that cost double or triple what my Cobra did and spank him. What could be better???!!!

LordVader04

Established Member
i'm not on my third Cobra but still in my '03 I bought new. I've since bought a few other new cars, traded some, kept some, but I will always own my Cobra. I love this car, for many reasons, but the best all around answer is a late afternoon summers drive, top down, just enjoying it. Then I get somebody either tell me about their love for my car and their desire to own one someday or I get someone in some fancy hot sports car that cost double or triple what my Cobra did and spank him. What could be better???!!!

Boom:beer:

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I'll also add that the terminator is the only car that scared the crap out of me when I first drove it. I was literally shaking both from excitement, nervousness, and ultimate respect when I bought my first one and took it home.

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
This. I drove it 3 hours hone and can't even count how many times I smiled or laughed. Plus there is just something about filling a ten year old goal that shoots me back to high school and makes me feel like I finally made it. Not only did I buy her, she is not a daily.

CobraLov3r

Established Member
I'll also add that the terminator is the only car that scared the crap out when I first drove. I was literally shaking both from excitement, nervousness, and ultimate respect when I bought my first one and took it home.

Lol this was my exact reaction when I drove my cobra for the first time. I had butterflies looking at it at the sellers house. Once I was driving it my adrenaline went through the roof, shaking after getting out of the car and just looking at it going "holy shit, this is mine to keep." Couldn't believe it. Going through tunnels getting on it, the looks the car gets from everyone you're around, and the pure laughter you get driving by yourself going through gears. Gets me every time. Get another one OP!

Last edited:

slow_mach

Established Member
I love the Terminator but the ride and interior is no where near what my past Evo's were. Lol. Still does not make me want to get rid of it iin any way. I really do love it.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I always thought if a Fox and a Shelby had one magical night together the love child produced would have been the Terminator:banana:

:dancenana: I lol'd at this one Joe

To add to this : the sight, sounds, feel of these cars are like none other. I too get a big smile when I drive it around and can shut the door on most cars on the street. Can't freaking wait for this damn snow to melt and rain to get the salt off the roads

LordVader04

Established Member
:dancenana: I lol'd at this one Joe

To add to this : the sight, sounds, feel of these cars are like none other. I too get a big smile when I drive it around and can shut the door on most cars on the street. Can't freaking wait for this damn snow to melt and rain to get the salt off the roads

:beer:

Jensanity

Established Member
I'm on my first Terminator, and my only thoughts of ever getting rid of it come from eventually wanting a low mile version that is mint condition inside and out. I purchased my 03 Silver Metallic with 10th any wheels this past July with 92k on the clock and a crack in the c-pillar along with 4 small dings(pdr). I have since plasti-dipped all badges and tinted every light. This gives the car a dark/edgy look! The interior has been well taken care of with the only rough spot being on the bolster of the driver seat (very small hole.) Other than these things the car is a beauty and has run strong from day 1. No smokey starts, no burning oil, etc. I get compliments on the car regularly and ported & pullied with longtubes the sound is amazing and it is the most powerful car I have set foot in! The raw power never gets old. Anytime I go out of town I literally miss driving my car, and I can't help but smile when I get back behind the wheel! In parking lots I catch myself looking back admiring the machine. I figure I will have this car for the next few years as I work on paying off debt, and when the time is right I hope to find one with no more than 10k and 10/10 inside and out!

Sorry for the ramble, but I think it is the perfect example of the love we have for these cars!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread