The Minneapolis Police Choke an Unarmed Handcuffed Black Man to Death

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So you are saying at 6 shots, he was still a threat?
I was trying to start anything. I just haven't followed to closely on this case. I didn't know if he was still going for the knife, or if the cop was new, and got nervous when he saw him with the knife and just snapped.
7 shots in probably less than 2 seconds. Do you really think he would have the time to asses each shots effectiveness? Snapping would be shooting him 7 times in the back then pulling him out of the van and shooting him in the head. I keep seeing this argument that 7 shots was excessive...from people that think shooting someone in the knee is the way to go.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So you are saying at 6 shots, he was still a threat?
I wasn't trying to start anything. I just haven't followed to closely on this case. I didn't know if he was still going for the knife, or if the cop was new, and got nervous when he saw him with the knife and just snapped.

1. I would imagine in any agency as it is with the military, you shoot until the threat is neutralized.

2. If reports I read are correct, they tried tasing him twice which is when he went to the vehicle.

3. I can tel you when I studied CJ one video they showed us on threats is the shoot out with the bank robbers, I believe in LA. They had gotten Hoopes up on drugs and wore body armor. Guys were hit countless times but kept going due to the drugs.

“Criminal Lives Matter” -TwistedBootyhole

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
1. I would imagine in any agency as it is with the military, you shoot until the threat is neutralized.

2. If reports I read are correct, they tried tasing him twice which is when he went to the vehicle.

3. I can tel you when I studied CJ one video they showed us on threats is the shoot out with the bank robbers, I believe in LA. They had gotten Hoopes up on drugs and wore body armor. Guys were hit countless times but kept going due to the drugs.

3. Not entirely accurate.

But it's funny, events like that, Waco, FBI-Shootout, ect lead the Media to this massive hype campaign about how out gunned and helpless law enforcement was in the 80's and 90's.

Now the media is crying about how militarized the police have become in the wake of mass shootings, terrorist attacks and endless hype of gang and drug wars.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Exactly. People focus on shot count too much and even the military and LE teach on shot count but it is incorrect. When you get deep into training all of that gets thrown out the window and the guys who really know what they are talking about will tell you to shoot until you get the reaction you are looking for. You shoot until the target can't stand or take a single step towards you. There is no moderation once you decide to pull the trigger as that is the last straw. The victim has used up all their chances and there is no going back. You pump them full of lead until they collapse before you into a puddle on the ground.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
3. Not entirely accurate.

But it's funny, events like that, Waco, FBI-Shootout, ect lead the Media to this massive hype campaign about how out gunned and helpless law enforcement was in the 80's and 90's.

Now the media is crying about how militarized the police have become in the wake of mass shootings, terrorist attacks and endless hype of gang and drug wars.

Tell me what is not true? The fact that they wore armor or that they both took phenobarbital before the robbery?

MG0h3

Established Member
Exactly. People focus on shot count too much and even the military and LE teach on shot count but it is incorrect. When you get deep into training all of that gets thrown out the window and the guys who really know what they are talking about will tell you to shoot until you get the reaction you are looking for. You shoot until the target can't stand or take a single step towards you. There is no moderation once you decide to pull the trigger as that is the last straw. The victim has used up all their chances and there is no going back. You pump them full of lead until they collapse before you into a puddle on the ground.

17yrs LE and the only time you focus on shot count is quarterly quals. It’s very standardized to ensure even testing/scoring. My unit does tons of other drills to get away from that. As mentioned, it’s stopping the threat. No more, no less.

We are taught that you are responsible for every round. Ya, has to be some grey area as you’re talking fractions of seconds and can’t fire one round, assess if it worked, then fire another, and so on.

On the other hand, sit here and say:

Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang

Hell or dry fire your handgun 7 times.

That’s a lot of rounds.

Now, these guys did just get their asses handed to them it sounds like. 2 ineffective taser deployments; usually an indication of drug use. That def could’ve played into it.

“BLM is doing God’s work”
2KblackGT

svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
17yrs LE and the only time you focus on shot count is quarterly quals. It’s very standardized to ensure even testing/scoring. My unit does tons of other drills to get away from that. As mentioned, it’s stopping the threat. No more, no less.

We are taught that you are responsible for every round. Ya, has to be some grey area as you’re talking fractions of seconds and can’t fire one round, assess if it worked, then fire another, and so on.

On the other hand, sit here and say:

Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang
Bang

Hell or dry fire your handgun 7 times.

That’s a lot of rounds.

Now, these guys did just get their asses handed to them it sounds like. 2 ineffective taser deployments; usually an indication of drug use. That def could’ve played into it.

2KblackGT

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that your random local LE does not do a whole lot of high stress shooting training. Maybe the guys assigned to specialized units, but not the patrol guys. Unless I’m completely mistaken. With that I don’t see why 7 shots is odd. I think I would have fired less shots. But I have been through high stress combat related training. Don’t get me wrong, not super advanced lone wolf operator training.

Edit: you say quarterly quals, I think that is far and beyond what a local PD requires for patrolmen. Again I could be wrong.

Bad V2

Established Member
At the end of the day, unless you’ve done the job and deal with this crap, they are only human like everyone else. Each officer handles stress and life and death situations differently. 7 shots sounds and looks bad, but worked. One shot and riots would still happen. No one can Monday morning quarterback fighting someone with a deadly weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that your random local LE does not do a whole lot of high stress shooting training. Maybe the guys assigned to specialized units, but not the patrol guys. Unless I’m completely mistaken. With that I don’t see why 7 shots is odd. I think I would have fired less shots. But I have been through high stress combat related training. Don’t get me wrong, not super advanced lone wolf operator training.

Edit: you say quarterly quals, I think that is far and beyond what a local PD requires for patrolmen. Again I could be wrong.

Ya not sure but I think more and more do more active stuff. It’s just more common now. We do the quarterly because it’s mandatory to carry but you’re just standing there at different distances.

Small rural places I could see having to use someone else’s facility. But a lot of departments have some sort house or use schools for active shooter training. That sort of thing.

2KblackGT

MG0h3

Established Member
At the end of the day, unless you’ve done the job and deal with this crap, they are only human like everyone else. Each officer handles stress and life and death situations differently. 7 shots sounds and looks bad, but worked. One shot and riots would still happen. No one can Monday morning quarterback fighting someone with a deadly weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I agree. Maybe the dude was still pulling into the car so the rounds kept coming.

I swear I heard on like day 1 that he told them he was going to get a knife. Now I’ve heard different reports. Be interested to see what shakes out.

2KblackGT

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
We are all pawns

The people pulling the strings want fire and brimstone

Aspects of each side (although one side seems to skew this) won't have constructive discourse

What's the layman to do?

?

?

?

Cast fire and throw stones?
Try to talk?
Sit out, buy ammo, hone skills?

At what point do YOU draw the line?

Posts and likes are not mine.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

The crowd is out. We are in the midst of Indian summer so I expect a good night to party.

upload_2020-10-7_21-15-1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread