The most awesome KILL tonight! "long"

CS 1

Ok the adrenaline is still going thru me like a freight train. Let me try to set this up for ya.. Tonight I'm drivin around int eh Cobra and basically just cruisin around. If something were to come up and happen to :find" me then that would be cool. Who am I kidding --I was hoping for a race. It's about 60-65 tonight in Orlando and it's been a day since I switched off my 2.93 (with no idler--by the way
I had massive amounts of belt dust) to a Steeda 2.8 with a Steeda tensioner pulley. I of course immediately noticed a difference and was just playin around while trying to stay away from the many cops that were out tonight.

I am cruising down 436 ( a 3 lane on each side rd that has some decent spots in it that aren't that populated) and just as I'm about to turn around and go home--I see a set of headlights coming up on me. The headlights were the newer Bimmer/Lexus/Porsche type (like some blue Hellas) so I slow down a bit and let it come up along sode of me. I look to my right and my mouth almost dropped !... The most gorgeous Red 03 Twin Turbo Porche I had ever seen. I look over at the guy and he looks at me---we are the only two people on the road right now and what is ahead??? A yellow light turning red. I think to myself -- *uck! The thoughts rushing through my head--"F1's, ALL WHEEL DRIVE, F1's, ALL WHEEL DRIVE == i'M TOAST...... I play it cool and don't even look at the guy hoping that I can get him to not go until Im in 2nd and rolling pretty good. I eaaaaassily slip out first gear and softly go into second----I bring up second to about 3500 and I let him catch up and I look over... He looks at me and slamms it! I immediately follow--my car is spinning just enough to raise the rpms a little quicker and I look down --oh shit---6200!! SHIFT---please god please god go in nicley and I'll never ask for anything again...YES! Perfect shift into third---(he shifts almost simultaneously) OH my god I'm pulling on him!!! Oh my god Oh my god Oh my god look down... 6200 -- SHIFT! Holy sh*t! (this is the first time I have really held all the way through third and felt the pull in 4th...Man does this thing pull!!! I look over and he's not ther...he is atleast two cars back still full on. About half way through 4th I let off and so does he--I put on the brakes so fast that teh car actually skidded for a second. "ok bring her down bring her down.... EXHALE.... I started screaming--I just beat the shit out of a twin turbo Porsche!! We come up to the next light and he pulls up next to me. Rolls down his window and he AND his wife or girlfriend who was hot as balls! looks over in what I can only describe as amazement. The guy just shakes his head and says "Holy Sh*T man!" He then just shakes his head up and down looking at the car and says "Nice man! Very nice!" His lady is leaning over him to look at the Cobra and just smiling in amazement. The guy was really cool--I asked him if it was an 03 and he said yes and that this was the first car he had lost to. I told him he had an awesome car and that I had put about $1500 into mine and that I just play around with it when it's nice out. He says" hey you've got an awesome car too---man I love that Supercharger sound!" We waved and I figured it was time to go home. Man guys----I have had a lot of cars(2000 Avus Blue M5 production #5, 97 Viper GTS, M3's, Vettes, 97 Saleen S351R code with 550 rwhp, e.t.c..) but I swear--this car is just amazing. It pulls so damn hard it just makes you smile.

My friend Jay at Lamottas here in Orlando has basically the same set up as I do but he has a custom tune while I have the Predator pulley tune. He just ran an 11.79 at 120 last night and I am psyched! He also busted a half shaft on a follow up run so that scares me a littel but man --I am having so much fun with thi thing.

I guess I just never thought i would ever come up against a twin turbo Porsche much less beat one -- and beat it well! I just keep on thinking about what teh guy might have been saying before he hit the pedal. Have to wonder if it was something like this "Ok ok here's another Mustang that I need to put in its' place--hang on". LOL! I love it !!!!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Nice kill. I was on 436 today with my uncle. I'm down here until Monday. I wish Mass was hot like this year round. You guys are spoiled!

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Nice!!!:thumbsup:

Man, you're lucky. I've yet to get such a nice car to play with on the street. All I get is turbo'd rice. It's just not enough.

The guy sounded pretty damn cool. Excellent kill.

CS 1

Yeah. I agree wih the lucky part. I've only had the car for about 45 days now and to have THAT car come up on me on THIS kind of night with room to run and no traffic?? Yes definitely lucky. I have to say though i think the luckiest part was not getting caught or in an accident... We had to be going atleast 130... :uh oh:

wuplash

Established Member
nice kill.i can only dream of ever seeing a car like that around my area but i do see a viper gts and a ferrari once in awhile.maybe i will get lucky and see them this wknd and have me some fun :beer:

well i have to that back now as i raced and beat one tonight myself man what a rush.that is the first porsche i have ever raced nice to start off 1-0:-D

Last edited:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Nice Kill! It reminds me about a month ago I was able to run an 03 Turbo as well. The difference is I am bone stock. To my amazement I was within 1-2 car lengths at 100 mph. The Porsche starting pulling beyond that. I was happy as a MO FO to say the least. Goes to show you what a couple of mods did you for.

cdh027

Established Member
Hey Chris, I'm sharing in your excitement. I was going to post a new thread this morning since I had my very first kill last night. The weather her around Chicago was perfect (65ish). I was heading over to my brothers house when I spotted a new C5 2 cars up. I was able to weave through traffic and kinda throttle past him to the next light. It was just him and I at the light. I looked over and he was laughing and shaking his head as if to say "come on kid, give me a break". Well at 33 I still do look extremely young (not a bad thing). My adrenaline is pumping again just typing out this story. Anyway, the light turns green and we both roll out slowly, I shift into second and he slams it down and jumps ahead of me. I proceed to do the same thing and kept an eye on my R's. As I shifted into third and re-floored it, I noticed I had him by about one car length. As third was approaching redline I had him by 2-3 cars. It was awesome, I did the exact same thing you did. I started shouting out loud, **** YEAH BABY. This car is too damn sweet.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
You get the "KILL OF THE WEEK" award as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for sharing the details of your wonderful experience with us each. Shoot, think I'll go take my baby for a ride right now! hehe

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Wow, you're lucky to be able to run such a fine automobile like the Porsche. I never get ANY races around here, especially not with a car like THAT. I only thing I get is ultra-rice cutting me off thinking I'm racing.

After reading that story, I really want to get a pulley and some exhaust! I hear the car feels completely different with a 2.8 pulley.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Another Porsche gets TERMINATED..

Hello world, meet the thirty five thousand dollar woopass on four wheels.

I do love any Porsche, and that guy sounds like he was super nice. Twin Turbo's are beautiful and deadly fast. Man you accomplished something when you took that car out. GREAT JOB.

Last edited:

missile man

Established Member
Awesome Kill. I got goose bumps reading. I am a central Floridian myself but in Alabama for a few more years. Do you get to Bithlow much?

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
Awesome kill man. I Was driving last night and just drove by a guy in a brand new 7 series bimmer, and when we pulled upto the light he just gave me the thumbs up, then rolled his window down and asked how much HP, I told him ~400 and he's like "can't race that!!" I can't believe I am getting respect from people with $80,000 cars :) I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread