The Mustang Questionnaire

Furrytractor

Established Member
So I was thinking about the past mustangs, and I got to thinking: What's been my favorite of all time? What was the most overrated? Cult Classic mustang? And by that one I mean, one that may not have been popular, but just kicked ass in your opinion. So I will start it off

Favorite all time: 03-04 terminator. Fell in love with it the moment it came out. My favorite had been a 68 fastback, but the terminator was just it for me.
Most overrated: Don't know why, but the Saleen and the Roush mustangs. Seems that the general public sees them and the body kit and thinks they MUST be fast, but I never ever saw any appeal to them.
Cult Classic: For me it might be the '82 5.0. In my dealings, I never met people who were wow'd by them. But whenever I see that 4-eyed beauty I have to admire it. It may be the fact that the model was only for 1 year, or maybe the fact it was the first year to bring in the 5.0 that seemed to start the performance mustang up again.

So you get the idea. If there's any other categories lets throw them out too. :beer:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Favorite all time: 03-04 Terminator - amazing cars stock and badass looks. Can be made very fast with minimal mods and insanely fast with a blower swap and supporting mods

Most overrated: 05-10 Mustang GTs. they are not bad cars, I just think the 3V motor was a step backwards and it had less power in a bigger/heavier car. Ford should have stuck with the 4V Cobra/Mach motor and improved upon it.

Cult Classic: 69-70 Mach 1's. They tend to get overlooked by the Boss and Shelby Mustangs but I really like their styling

Furrytractor

Established Member
Favorite all time: 03-04 Terminator - amazing cars stock and badass looks. Can be made very fast with minimal mods and insanely fast with a blower swap and supporting mods

Most overrated: 05-10 Mustang GTs. they are not bad cars, I just think the 3V motor was a step backwards and it had less power in a bigger/heavier car. Ford should have stuck with the 4V Cobra/Mach motor and improved upon it.

Cult Classic: 69-70 Mach 1's. They tend to get overlooked by the Boss and Shelby Mustangs but I really like their styling

I had such high hopes for these as a 19 yr old kid when they came out, but when one couldnt even beat my cousins stock 96 cobra i was a bit dissappointed

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Favorite all time the 1968 Cammer Tasca drag car. But for modern I say the 2008-12 Cobrajet

Most over rated probably the 1999 SVT Cobra followed closely by the 2001

Cult classic 429 Boss

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
All time fav: SB or Comp orange terminator and probably the '99 S351 for it's rarity
Most overrated: '07-'09 GT500s
Cult classic: '69-'70 Boss

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Boss 429/13' GT500

Overrated anything with the designation R on it

Cult, Saleen s351

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Favorite New Edge Saleen

Overrated S197 Shelby GT (not the GT500)

Cult SVO Turbo 4cyl

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Favorite: 1969 Boss 429 mustang.

I love the looks of the car, and the fact that the engine produces over 500 horsepower with minimal mods. It's one of the best looking mustangs of all time. The 1969 fastback is my favorite body style. My other all time favorites are all the fastbacks, so I narrowed it down to one.

Most overrated: 05-09 GT mustang.

I was extremely disappointed that at the time that the mustang was still getting it's ass handed to it by LS1 trans ams and camaros. I was even more disappointed when I beat a stock 05-09 GT with my 1995 GT when it only had gears and bolt-ons.

Cult Classic: 1994-1998 Saleen S351

I love the looks, the performance and the racing history of this car. This car was more than a bodykit. This car kicked ass. It's what Ford should have built. Of course we got one almost as powerful with the 03-04 cobra. Too bad it took almost a decade for Ford to realize that performance matters.

S8MS-01904

SVT Cobra Driver
Established Member
OK:

1965 GT350, for starting the "fast" Mustangs

1970 Boss 302, for the cool factor

1985.5 SVO, for the refined performance

1993 Cobra, for bringing back cool again

2008 Shelby GT500KR, for just neat & sweet around.

4a7191a

Established Member
Favor. 2010 Shelby gt500 in grabber blue.
Overrated. 97gt... had one...it was a dog
Cult , 1969 mach1 428cj

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Favorite: Red 03 10th Anniv Cobra Coupe

This has been my dream mustang since 03. Before then it was a 68 GT fastback, which is still a close second.

Most Overrated: 05-09 Mustang GT

Even though they were all the rage when they came out, I just never have been a big fan.

Cult Classic: Red interior in any Mustang

I know most don't care for it, but I've always been a sucker for red interior in a Mustang. My favorite of these are 92-93's with the solid red dash and door panels. I had a bright red 92 GT with red int back in the 90's that I wish I'd never sold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread