The naming of Hannah...

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
It has come to my attention that not only have my friends given me flack for my car's name... but it seems some of you are too? Lol

This is my best friend's dog...her name is Hannah. She is an obese beagle.
c5433528387ba6cf4d621c8d7636f61c.jpg

Aside from being teased about naming my car after an obese beagle (which had no influence), apparently there is a forum member, and now recently....a tranny? If anyone can shed light on the forum member and the tranny in question, I'd be interested to hear more. Lol.

The following is a short explanation of how the name 'Hannah' came to be.

I sat down and thought long and hard about a good name for my car... I wanted something cool, rolled off the tongue, had meaning....and it had to be a female name...

I thought of famous snakes and serpents in history...and nothing really seemed to catch my eye, or fit my car.

I looked up the scientific name of cobras and wasn't thrilled...and then for the hell of it I tried looking up king cobras and really liked what I found. Everyone refers to our cars as cobras even though they aren't actually cobras. Sure, we have the badging, but we aren't "true" cobras... we are our own legend, and are feared by many... we also have an eternal grudge match with the terminators ("true cobras"). Shelby, and the GT500 are also very significant in culture... for us petrolheads at least...

3a0742d3f05a8767c399c7c4bb96394a.jpg

b8223753e4ccbc1b4dff7b9521ad76bb.jpg

....and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Hannah was named :)

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Very interesting! I too looked at the scientific name to name my car, but fell short of something that really caught my attention. So, with a meth kit in hand and planned to install I named mine Mr.White from the T.V. show Breaking Bad. However, since I couldn't find anyone to tune with meth I had to sell my kit and now have to rename the car as it just doesn't make sense anymore...lol Thanks for sharing your story!

Brandonscarinfo

Established Member
How did that dog get that big? Crazy that Americans AND their pets can also get obese!
She has a bit of a medical problem... but my friend's mom also likes to give her treats all the time...
Very interesting! I too looked at the scientific name to name my car, but fell short of something that really caught my attention. So, with a meth kit in hand and planned to install I named mine Mr.White from the T.V. show Breaking Bad. However, since I couldn't find anyone to tune with meth I had to sell my kit and now have to rename the car as it just doesn't make sense anymore...lol Thanks for sharing your story!
You're welcome!! Sorry to hear that you couldn't find someone to tune for meth.... what kit do you have. Might actually be interested in it. Lol

Papaw

Established Member
I don't care if they CAN unhinge their jaws, no snake could swallow that dog!
I'm thinking she's fat on purpose. She is now snake proof.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
do a search for "planter" then do another search for posts by Planter .. all will be answered and you will rename your car as well as spend hours being entertained and having mental images placed in your brain which you will never be able to get rid of

1o1proof

Established Member
People really name their cars? I don't get it, do you name your house or maybe the mower? Just seems weird to me.

And yea, If you are going to name your car, on this site Hannah would be my last choice.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
OP, don't waste your time on looking up Planter. Tremendous waste of time. "He's" one of the members that live over in Smack Down and there are certain ones that do. I get a chuckle (as in laughing at them not with them.) out of some of the sh!t that goes on over there, "Your a moron. No, your a moron" kind of crap, get's old fast. As you can see it spills out into the real threads, sad.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
do a search for "planter" then do another search for posts by Planter .. all will be answered and you will rename your car as well as spend hours being entertained and having mental images placed in your brain which you will never be able to get rid of

Lololol

Users who are viewing this thread