The official addiction thread

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My mom is terribke at this and its why we don't speak.

When I was young it was drugs. But she gets addicted to 1 thing and it becomes the focus of her waking time for a period until something else catches her. Even to the point where she'll get addicted to a food and only eat it for days at a time..
does she NOT eat the rest of the time ?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I love coffee, but I limit myself to 3 cups a day on the weekends. Two in the morning and one in the afternoon. During the week, I drink a little over 2 cups.
I love working out as well. I used to do it 6 days in a row, with only Fridays off. Now, I do it every other day. It was getting to be too much and I wasn't having enough recovery, even though I did one body part per workout.
I would say my main addiction for the last 5 years or more has been cars. I'm always on Youtube looking at/researching and checking out different cars. I've always loved cars/trucks, but it's gotten pretty bad. lol

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I love coffee, but I limit myself to 3 cups a day on the weekends. Two in the morning and one in the afternoon. During the week, I drink a little over 2 cups.
I love working out as well. I used to do it 6 days in a row, with only Fridays off. Now, I do it every other day. It was getting to be too much and I wasn't having enough recovery, even though I did one body part per workout.
I would say my main addiction for the last 5 years or more has been cars. I'm always on Youtube looking at/researching and checking out different cars. I've always loved cars/trucks, but it's gotten pretty bad. lol

Yeah i think we are almost at 30 pages discussing the z06 and other cars

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Burning powder.
....Gun powder.

I drink a lot, too. But how else am I supposed to put up with a spouse, two surly young males, the main stream media, U.S. healthcare, the freakin' U.S. Government, including the IRS, Congress, Senate, Judicial branch...

See where I'm going with this?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think I fall under the caffeine. At my "worst" it was a Monster on the way to work, cup of coffee at break, another Monster at lunch, and then preworkout in the evening. But the good thing us I can usually curb it a little when I'm working out consistently. I guess the workout takes away the stress that causes me to want the Monsters and such. Right up to the holidays I was running four times a week and hitting an obstacle course twice a week with my daughter. During that time I was down to three Monsters a week at most and one or two cups of coffee a day. I only used the preworkout the days we did the course because I just needed the little bump in the beginning to get through the repetitions. But towards the end there I wasn't even using the preworkout.

01yellercobra

Established Member

[bcolor=transparent]Let's trade locations for a year. Besides what Vegas has to offer for fun I would enjoy boating on Colorado River and Lake Mead, shooting/hunting/4 wheeling in the desert, all the national parks and being within a 5 hour drive from the ocean (and Mexico if I so desired). My wife and I are actually flying into Vegas in February, heading to Lake Havasu City for a week and then a couple days before heading back. We are looking forward to the time in the Southwest and to get out of the Wisconsin winter.[/bcolor]

Havasu is more fun in the summer. But then if you're coming from snow you'll probably still enjoy it. Lots of snow birds though. So get ready to deal with old and slow people. I lived there through most of high school and a few years after. I still go back as my grandparents live there and my boat is out there. It's a fun place to visit. But the only way I'd move back is when I'm retired.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
My addiction certainly is cars/trucks. Its an obsession. My next ride will be number 59 and my wife hates me....lol. But since I retired recently my addiction has been walking. I walk 10 miles a day almost every day unless its raining. I get stressed out big time if I miss a day of walking. Have to keep moving.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My addiction certainly is cars/trucks. Its an obsession. My next ride will be number 59 and my wife hates me....lol. But since I retired recently my addiction has been walking. I walk 10 miles a day almost every day unless its raining. I get stressed out big time if I miss a day of walking. Have to keep moving.
That's awesome Steve.
Congrats on the retirement brother! Walking is excellent exercise!

04MysticCobra

Established Member
That's awesome Steve.
Congrats on the retirement brother! Walking is excellent exercise!

Thanks Tony. What makes walking even more fun for me is that I have Neuropathy in my feet from an infection in my foot about 6 years. I don't have much feeling at all in my feet so it makes it even more interesting when I do walk.....lol.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Tony. What makes walking even more fun for me is that I have Neuropathy in my feet from an infection in my foot about 6 years. I don't have much feeling at all in my feet so it makes it even more interesting when I do walk.....lol.
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread