• Stocker + Aftermarket bracket?

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • other?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lewis26

Established Member
Had the Barton and Bracket, tried a steeda, and tried an MGW.

Immediately sold my barton and bought an MGW. It's just that good.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Stocker and Barton Bracket for now. I think the stocker is just fine, but I wanted to cure the deflection issues.

hand-filer

Established Member
Had the Barton and bracket. Notchy and noisy. Sold them and replaced with MGW.
It is by far a superior product.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I have a Barton in my '11 GT and a Steeda in my '11 V6 both with the Barton brackets. We put a Hurst in my uncle's '11 GT with the Barton bracket and I like it the best of the three!! The 'old school' flat chrome stick is an added bonus!

The Barton is way too 'notchy' for my liking, the Steeda is better than stock but still not as slick as the Hurst.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I only have experience with the stock and Barton shifter and bracket combo, but I can say it curred my third gear deflection...

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
steeda + barton bracket + MTG fluid. Slight noise that comes through but overall shifting is good. I will probably upgrade to the MGW when the units are not so back ordered.

cbaty08

Established Member
how do you like it?

It's pretty nice; I like how it moves the top of the shift lever back an inch or so by the way the lever is shaped.

The MAIN reason I like it was due to it's price; it was a lot cheaper than the others that were out at the time. Other than the new MGW, I don't think there is another shifter (other than the MGW like I said) I would be tempted to try due to that the design is realistically all the same.

I also have the JHR bracket and clutch line and like them well also; nothing is curing this horrible bite my tranny has though. If I didn't have the 100K warranty I would throw some other fluid in to make it help but it's not worth it if it is covered for now anyways..

wbt

Banned
Went from stock to Barton. The Barton is the best shifter I have used in any manual trans car I have owned. It is for sale with the bracket now as I stepped into an auto otherwise I would still be using it.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i have the steeda, works great. i got it brand new for $165. torq had it online for the wrong price. way better than the stocker. Does have some noise though. i put a clear rubber flat washer under the shifter knob. not u heardly ever hear it.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
i have the MGW and i would go with the stock shifter and just add a bracket if i had the time and money back. i have always been a big MGW fan but this one just doesnt do it for me

ViciousJay

Established Member
Well ive officially had it with my stocker and upr bracket, on my way home last night i was playing with a heavily modded WRX and missed power shift after shift and i know it wasnt me, it would act as if i didnt slam it into gear... i think its time i look into a MGW again or go another route... :mj:

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
how much is the MGW?

its $375, man there is better place to put money into this car but i cant take it anymore, i can still feel looseness in the stocker even with the UPR bracket, it feels loose like i can move it 2-3/10's plus the shifter head gets lost in my bear claw of a hand... looks like ill be calling george back

Users who are viewing this thread