The official sumped tank thread

My94GT

Established Member
i know this is old but bump, as im about to peice my kit together, have the sump, the pump, and filters just need fittings and lines. anyone have pics of where they put their return line??

thanks

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
1275415588952-1.jpg

heres my sleeper tank

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
i know this is old but bump, as im about to peice my kit together, have the sump, the pump, and filters just need fittings and lines. anyone have pics of where they put their return line??

thanks

This is the sump kit I have, the return line is on the top port.

AFS18650.jpg

jarryd2018

Established Member
Sorry to bump an old thread. Where are you guys getting your sumps, read to get stainless one but don't know where to get it. Also, I like the look of the 2 lines coming from the back, but read it's bad to put the return line nest to the feed line so can anyone give me just a little overview of how they have their lines setup.

I'd also like to see how some of you are running the lines to and from the engine.

candyroush

Established Member
Sorry to bump an old thread. Where are you guys getting your sumps, read to get stainless one but don't know where to get it. Also, I like the look of the 2 lines coming from the back, but read it's bad to put the return line nest to the feed line so can anyone give me just a little overview of how they have their lines setup.

I'd also like to see how some of you are running the lines to and from the engine.

I had a local guy make my sump. He drilled 4 1" holes(I believe) in the tank, then welded the sump over the holes on the tank. Jegs sells sumps for $65 and just need welded to the tank. The two outlets on the sump are for feed lines, depending on your hp goals or setup you are probably only going to need 1.

You do NOT want the return near the sump (unless its baffled like boss 32v) it can cause the fuel to airirate . Mine is on the top right of my tank.

Last edited:

jarryd2018

Established Member
I had a local guy make my sump. He drilled 4 1" holes(I believe) in the tank, then welded the sump over the holes on the tank. Jegs sells sumps for $65 and just need welded to the tank. The two outlets on the sump are for feed lines, depending on your hp goals or setup you are probably only going to need 1.

You do NOT want the return near the sump (unless its baffled like boss 32v) it can cause the fuel to airirate . Mine is on the top right of my tank.

How did you set up the return line though? Does the top of the tank just have a -8AN fitting welded on it? I'm hearing 50/50 about the return line going to the sump.

I'm ordering the $65 sump right now, just picking out my fittings and whatnot to come off of it. I could go on and buy my fuel lines, but I might wait a bit on that.

jarryd2018

Established Member
still working on my order, getting all the fittings and everything. Any reason to spend the extra money on aeromotive Y block rather than just a cheaper summit ones for about half the price?

candyroush

Established Member
How did you set up the return line though? Does the top of the tank just have a -8AN fitting welded on it? I'm hearing 50/50 about the return line going to the sump.

I'm ordering the $65 sump right now, just picking out my fittings and whatnot to come off of it. I could go on and buy my fuel lines, but I might wait a bit on that.

Correct there is a 3/8" npt bung welded on the top of the tank with a -6an fitting threaded in that(-6 return came in my kit). I have never seen the return go to the sump.

jarryd2018

Established Member
Correct there is a 3/8" npt bung welded on the top of the tank with a -6an fitting threaded in that(-6 return came in my kit). I have never seen the return go to the sump.

Thank you so much, I wonder if I should buy the NPT bung online or if the guy welding my sump will have one. I guess it's better safe than sorry, I'll add that to my order form.

Now if someone would just answer my question about the y block, I could complete this order. All the electrical stuff and fuel lines will come later, I'm just getting the tank prepped so I can put it back on the car.

What did you do with the stock fuel hat when you put the return line in there? Did you just bolt it back on with no pump attached or what? I'd like to come up with a flat plate to bolt over the hole if I could.

Also, with all these hose ends I'm looking at on summit, they all say they are for specific applications and list particular hose types. Are there any particular hoses and ends I should go with? Any brands better than others etc...? This thread is turning into a learning experience for me.

Last edited:

jarryd2018

Established Member
Think I figured out everything. Ended up buying my sump, a plug for one hole, a 1/2"NPT to -10 AN adapter, Reusable -10 AN hose end with a 90 degree bend and a female -10 AN fitting, a weld in female 3/8" NPT bung, and a -6 AN to 3/8" NPT adapter for the return line.

When it all gets here, I'll take the tank to have the sump and bung welded up, bring it home, give the sump a coat of paint to blend in with the tank cover, polish up my straps, bolt up the tank, install the fittings I've got and admire my work. I'll get all the lines run after the motor is done being built.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just to tell ya'll know my return dumps back into my sump as per glenns performance's website.. check it out but they do return back into the sump.

94venomV8

Established Member
Well mine is not done yet but I cant help but put a pic up. I think it looks pretty mean from the rear myself!

p1020390.jpg

jarryd2018

Established Member
does anyone have pics of the feed and return lines running underneath the car? I want to see where and how to tie my lines up under there. Also, if anyone is willing to post a pic of where they put their y-block to run the lines to the separate fuel rails as well as where you mounted your fuel pressure regulator. That is for you return style fuel system guys.

Candyroush, can you give me a rough estimate as to where that npt bung is on the top of your tank?

edit: and this is the last time I'm going to ask this question, but what are you guys doing with the stock fuel hats? Are you just bolting them in without a pump attached or replacing with some kind of cover?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread