The Old Man "System"

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
Im not into the whole "I have more bass than you do" thing but I wanted to run something by yall. I ahve a 2000L with stock head unit. I am about to piece together a sterio. Will the 6 1/2 compenent speakers from Infinity fit in the doors? I know that I would probably have to build a bracket or spacer to make it work but I was just wondering if anyone has done it.

Also, i was going to run them on the New Infinity Basslink II powered subwoofer with a 4 channel port to hook up the component. I wanted to retain the stock look by running a new in-dash 6 disc like the 03,04's.

Not to radical, not heavy, but not to small. What do yall think?

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Heres mine... I wanted something that was as close to stock as I could get. I ended up fiberglassing the back if the box the fit the back of the cab wall. This uses the stock head unit and seats are fully fuctional and so is the arm rest. I have more pics if you want to see.
Picture206.jpg

Picture208.jpg

tharsis

Established Member
6 1/2" should fit just fine. I just got a new system, and in the little area I have one 6 inch speaker AND a 4 inch one in both doors.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
You will need to make some sort of adapter plate due to the fact that the factory speakers are 5"x7". I have polk audio speakers in my truck and they sound great.

Last edited:

bumblebeetuna

Established Member
I wanted to run the 6.1 6 1/2" circular components. Will this work with some modification? or will it be too deep? Does the window go down by the speaker or is it offset from the window?

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
actually the factory holes ar 6x8 but 5x7 may work, you will have to make an adapter plate to make the 6" work but your depth should be just fine. Just do a test fit with the window down and you will know for sure. I bought Rockford 6x8" ford replacement speakers and the fit the holes exactly for all four of the speaker spots, then put in an 8" bazooka tube 200W and it sounds great. I am not into bass either so it suits my music perfectly.

bumblebeetuna

Established Member
The thing about the infinity basslink II is it come with a 250W built in amp. More than enough to supply a pair of components with some power.

What are behind the seats? Can any components fit in there? Mabey the 5 1/2" circulars?

bumblebeetuna

Established Member
Damn, Good job. Way to much work for me though. I want something that wont drag down my times.....hehehe, sound with speed. Not either or. haha

Users who are viewing this thread