The one that got away; 2001 DHG Bullitt #02638

stockishGT

Established Member
I'm posting this thread hoping someone has seen this car or hopefully knows it's current where-a-bouts. I traded in my 2001 Bullitt in September of 2013 to a dealership in Abeline, KS on a new vehicle. Man was that mistake. I had put a lot of time and money into that car over the years and regret that I ever got rid of it. Is there any way I can track down the cars current location through a VIN check? Any information would help. Hopefully someone on this forum recognizes the car and it is local to them. Anyways here are a couple of picture taken just before I traded her in as well as a few "distinguishing" marks.

Dark Highland Green
Wheels were Black 18" FR500's
GT badges on the side were replaced with "Powered By Ford" emblems
GT badge on deck lid was replaced with "Hurst Equipped" emblem
GT rear bumper was replaced with V6 bumper
Also had Decals on the quarter glass that had the build number "BULLITT 2638"

JuUR0r.jpg

LJn6ls.jpg

Branhammer

Established Member
Won't a carfax report show the location of the last place it was purchased and the last place it was serviced? Might be a good starting point.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Good looking car! I feel your pain ever since I traded my 08 GT/CS on my lemon 2011 GT. I've been trying to look for it, but I fear that it's had some history since 2011 when it was traded.

One thing you can do is pull a carfax for yourself if you still know the vin. That would at least give you a pretty good idea about where it is.

stockishGT

Established Member
Won't a carfax report show the location of the last place it was purchased and the last place it was serviced? Might be a good starting point.

I'll give carfax a shot. I have a good friend that works at the local dmv. Maybe she could be of assistance. Thanks for the tip.

stockishGT

Established Member
Good looking car! I feel your pain ever since I traded my 08 GT/CS on my lemon 2011 GT. I've been trying to look for it, but I fear that it's had some history since 2011 when it was traded.

One thing you can do is pull a carfax for yourself if you still know the vin. That would at least give you a pretty good idea about where it is.

I have that same feeling. I spoke with the dealer I traded it into and they said that they sent the car to auction after it was traded in. I keep getting the feeling that some teenager bought it, sprayed it with a bass boat paint job, threw some velvet on the interior and called it a day. Hopefully that's not the case.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
even if you just do a search based on the vin, a lot of the companies will kind of give you a "snapshot" of the vehicle history. It won't give specifics but if it has any records it'll tell you how many. In my case there's something like 19 records on it, so I'm sure it's been in a collision, or seven.

You can also have an OASIS report run on it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread