The Original Lund "Cammed Tune" Now Available at Lethal Performance!

20zx6r07

Established Member
I don't want this to sound like a stupid question, but I have a 2011 GT Premium convertible that is my wife's daily driver and I also drive it on evenings and weekends.
Now it is stock and I would like to get a JLT Cai, a Lethal O/R X or H pipe, and a SCT Xcal3. Is there any simple way to have a 93 octane street tune for her and switch to the 93 octane street tune with the lopy idle for when I drive it? Would this be possible with the SCT Livewire? I've seen a youtube video of a 2012 Boss that shows a start up with the normal key and a track key and I thought that something that could be changed quickly would be awesome. And in the end, who knows, she may also like my tune too, I just think it would be nice to have the option. Also, the car is an automatic.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Right now, the Livewire does not support the 2011 vehicles. With an X3 or the SCT Touch Screen Xtreme, you can switch between the 2 tunes easily, but you would have to purchase 2 separate tunes. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

20zx6r07

Established Member
Is there any way to get a package deal for the jlt cai, o/r mid pipe and the tuner with a tune? How much extra would it be for the 2nd tune? Also which mid pipe would you recommend for the best sound, I planned on keeping the stock axle back so it wouldnt be too loud or possibly a GT500 axle back. I want the mid pipe to add power of course, but i'm more concerned about sound and I'm not sure the difference between the x and h would amount to more than 5 hp or so. I've watched alot of videos and i just dont want mine to sound raspy or pop and crack alot. Thanks!

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Is there any way to get a package deal for the jlt cai, o/r mid pipe and the tuner with a tune? How much extra would it be for the 2nd tune? Also which mid pipe would you recommend for the best sound, I planned on keeping the stock axle back so it wouldnt be too loud or possibly a GT500 axle back. I want the mid pipe to add power of course, but i'm more concerned about sound and I'm not sure the difference between the x and h would amount to more than 5 hp or so. I've watched alot of videos and i just dont want mine to sound raspy or pop and crack alot. Thanks!

Lethal Off-Road H sounds great, I would pair it with 2011/12 GT500 mufflers! I need to stop slacking and get a video made.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Hot car = computer pulls timing = no gains seen with aggressive tune... and what 10random said.

the 93 aggressive tune is not advertised on your website as a track only tune, and it doesn't say anything about cool downs being required. isn't that a bit misleading to someone buying straight from your website??

DIB5.0

Established Member
I have the aggressive tune straight from Lund and was never told it was track only.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I got my tunes directly from Jon through e-mail. The street says lower shift point the agressivs says higher shift point. I'm sure there may be a degree or 2 timing difference but I won't have them uploaded to the car 'til I get some gears and other work done.

I would suggest getting info from [email protected]. He will give the straight poop.

Last edited:

snkchmr 1

I got one put about 200 mi on the car today with no problems & lots of looks at every stop.
Its just something for fun. Life is to short to get bent out of shape over something like this.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
the 93 aggressive tune is not advertised on your website as a track only tune, and it doesn't say anything about cool downs being required. isn't that a bit misleading to someone buying straight from your website??

It's not "track only", but if you want to benefit with the gains, cool downs help. So no, it's not misleading at all.

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you stated earlier when comparing the 93 aggressive tune to the standard 93 tune:

The only difference is a few degrees of timing. We don't have any back to back dyno sheets or track times, but its only to be used when you're at the track and the car can get cool downs between runs. And yes, the tune is still safe on 93 octane.

but now you say this:

It's not "track only", but if you want to benefit with the gains, cool downs help. So no, it's not misleading at all.

i am just trying to understand the different tune classifications...

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
you stated earlier when comparing the 93 aggressive tune to the standard 93 tune:

but now you say this:

i am just trying to understand the different tune classifications...

dude seriously? how long have you owned a "fast" car? I am sure he was just using the track as an example. Lightnings blow up all the time with a stock pulley at the track with a tune. Was the tune misleading by not having a disclaimer about how it might blow up due to the super cold weather and long pull down the track?? nope. if you have had a car for a while and do some research you would understand that. If you want to keep troubleshooting lethal performance then go build your own shop and make a website with like 1,000 disclaimers on it.

street tune.... pretty self explanatory its just a nice going tune with manners
aggressive tune.... yea probably less well mannered and more "touchy"

2blown

Established Member
Great work on the new 5.0! Are you guys able to put that tune to my 5.4 2V Lightning motor? I am very interested.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Great work on the new 5.0! Are you guys able to put that tune to my 5.4 2V Lightning motor? I am very interested.

Sorry, but the cammed tunes are only for the new 5.0L as they have TiVCT which allows tuners to manipulate valve overlap/cam timing.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
dude seriously? How long have you owned a "fast" car? I am sure he was just using the track as an example. Lightnings blow up all the time with a stock pulley at the track with a tune. Was the tune misleading by not having a disclaimer about how it might blow up due to the super cold weather and long pull down the track?? Nope. If you have had a car for a while and do some research you would understand that. If you want to keep troubleshooting lethal performance then go build your own shop and make a website with like 1,000 disclaimers on it.

Street tune.... Pretty self explanatory its just a nice going tune with manners
aggressive tune.... Yea probably less well mannered and more "touchy"

+1

SVT_4_me

Established Member
dude seriously? how long have you owned a "fast" car? I am sure he was just using the track as an example. Lightnings blow up all the time with a stock pulley at the track with a tune. Was the tune misleading by not having a disclaimer about how it might blow up due to the super cold weather and long pull down the track?? nope. if you have had a car for a while and do some research you would understand that. If you want to keep troubleshooting lethal performance then go build your own shop and make a website with like 1,000 disclaimers on it.

street tune.... pretty self explanatory its just a nice going tune with manners
aggressive tune.... yea probably less well mannered and more "touchy"

i am just pointing out the contradictory information from lethal. he clearly said the aggressive tune was only to be used at the track.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i am just pointing out the contradictory information from lethal. he clearly said the aggressive tune was only to be used at the track.

did he say only? nope its just an example. to get the full benefits its better for a cool down. like they said heat=engine timing being pull=less power. if you pull timing its not gonna hurt the motor its just gonna make it a lil sluggish vs. full timing. just cruising around im sure it will be ok b/c the engine is a operational temp and what not but after a pull down the track the engine in a way is hotter if that makes sense. it heat soaks. its the same reason why you have a cool down after a run in a positive displacement blower b/c it heat soaks.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I used the track as an example. Some people wouldn't like it if I was condoning street racing, so I used the example of someone that was at the race track. I didn't think it would be so hard to understand honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread