The P1SC is installed WOO HOO... Have questions to other S/C ers

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Who has a S/C installed on the board? I just started mine up for the first time yester day and it ran OK...

I noticed one thing that seemed off ... The car is still on Jackstands, when I started it up, gave it some gas, it did not seem to idle down it the way it used to. It hung around 2500 for several seconds and then dropped to normal idle. Is this normal?

Any Feedback would be Great!

Thanks!

Last edited:

snkbit99

Established Member
Congrats Raider on finishing your install. If it would only stop raining for a couple of days around here. Any one in Massachusetts with a pro charger? Hey Raider where did the tube support bracket go? The discription in the manual is not very good. Good luck with your P1-SC.
Ed:bash:

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Do you mean the collant res. Rod? It should support the plumbing and the collant res.

Hey Ed, This board sux for help... 49 views of this post and 0 replies, I don't get it. Dude if you lived in the Detroit Area, I would be at you house this weekend to help you finish your install.

If you have questions, let me know, I'll take some pics and describe what I did... Keep in mind that I'm no pro S/C installer, but I'll try like hell to help you out... You can email me here

[email protected]

Later, Rick

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by raider187
Who has a S/C installed on the board? I just started mine up for the first time yester day and it ran OK...

I noticed one thing that seemed off ... The car is still on Jackstands, when I started it up, gave it some gas, it did not seem to idle down it the way it used to. It hung around 2500 for several seconds and then dropped to normal idle. Is this normal?

Any Feedback would be Great!

Thanks!

Depends on the tune on your chip. Did you get a chip with your SC?? If so I would take it to someone who can do a dyno tune. You'll want your idle set correctly and your Air/Fuel Ratio checked.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Big Daddy,you get the forged internals in yet? Also I read that you were considering FR500 heads,are these available yet?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
Big Daddy,you get the forged internals in yet? Also I read that you were considering FR500 heads,are these available yet?

The Forged internals are in only because of hydro locking the engine in a huge rain storm! I have the FR500 heads sitting in my garage and they are going out soon for porting and polishing. The JDM Long Tube Headers should be here soon along with H-pipes with cats. I also have a set of '03 Half-shafts on order. I'm hoping to get this all done between December and January. I want to have the 600 RWHP by the SCMC spring drag day! ;-)

The FR500 heads aren't really available YET...they are in the Ford Racing Catalog but won't be released until November. I talked Kenny Brown into selling me his extra set! :rolling: :rolling: :-D

Last edited:

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Your car sounds mega sweet. My goal is to have 600 reliable rwhp before the car is paid for.:) I didn't think the FR500 heads were out yet,but if they're coming out next month then that's cool. I have a set of 03 halfshafts lying in my room. Just got here a few days ago. They look like monsters compared to the 01's. I was gonna get GKN stage 3's but I just couldn't get my hands on any. How much do you expect to pay for the p&p job on the new heads? Thanks for all the info.:thumbsup:

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Your car sounds mega sweet. My goal is to have 600 reliable rwhp before the car is paid for.:) I didn't think the FR500 heads were out yet,but if they're coming out next month then that's cool. I have a set of 03 halfshafts lying in my room. Just got here a few days ago. They look like monsters compared to the 01's. I was gonna get GKN stage 3's but I just couldn't get my hands on any. How much do you expect to pay for the p&p job on the new heads? Thanks for all the info.:thumbsup:

Let's see...The GKN stage 3's were completed this week but he wants $820 for a set I got my '03's on order right now for less than half that! The heads are only available to a select few who have contacts at Ford! That is why KB had them, he's installed a set right out of the box on his 4.6 and he's making 372 RWHP NA!!! My P&P will be about $1000 I think but that includes a valve job... True Blue quoted me about $4000 for the titanium valves, springs and rockers, P&P on the heads, valve job and installation of the parts. The valves, springs and rockers cost $1180 and they are pulling the engine to install the parts so I figure about 16 hours of labor there at $70 an hour. These are just estimates though. I am waiting for the exact quote and I'll let you know the price when I get it.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Thanks. I'd like to do the same thing with my car in the future. Are you upgarding the fuel system to a return style or can you make the returnless do the job?

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Thanks. I'd like to do the same thing with my car in the future. Are you upgarding the fuel system to a return style or can you make the returnless do the job?

Already have made it into a return style and have upgraded the lines and rails!! :D :D

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
Sounds like you have all the bases covered. T-56? TKO? Or the stock TR? I'm hoping santa will bring me a six speed for christmas. I've been real good.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Sounds like you have all the bases covered. T-56? TKO? Or the stock TR? I'm hoping santa will bring me a six speed for christmas. I've been real good.

Still running the stock tranny but it's got a bad clunk in it when I left off the gas and step back on the gas pedal??? SO I guess a new one of those is in order, I'm hoping Ford will pay for that though! ;-)

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I'm setting an appointment up Jerry, the Mustang tuner extroradnaire. I just went over the car again checking all the connections and wiring. My idle is out of wac big time. Hopefully the tune will dial it in :D I can't wait to get this thing running right again!

Users who are viewing this thread