The Results: Aftermarket vs. Stock Tune with Stock Boost

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
I know many people have been interested in regards to what an aftermarket tune will do performance-wise to a car with the stock boost setup. Having just purchased an XCal2 from Amazon, I decided to do a little experiment while I had the car on the dyno. The first two pulls I had the ATS tune loaded and the last pull I flashed the ECM back to stock. All numbers are SAE corrected.

Pull 1: 430/384
Pull 2: 432/400
Pull 3 (stock tune): 413/380

My graph for the second pull is attached. Sorry for the poor quality.

In summary, I picked up roughly 20 hp and 20 tq with the tune. Mods are in sig. It is also worthwhile to mention the other significant improvements resulting from the tune (improved drivability, more responsive, traction control always off, no upshift light, etc.).

As for the tune itself, the A/F looks a touch lean but after reviewing the data logs and graphs, Rick didn't seem to have an issue as the dyno was using a tailpipe sniffer for A/F. The tune was setup for 11.5-11.8 A/F so I trust Rick.

Bottom line is I would highly recommend a tune for guys running CAI/catback type setups.

I guess the only question is, how much power can I expect with a 2.76 upper, idlers, and the other supporting mods?

Users who are viewing this thread