The Shelby is now lowered...

TORQJNKY

I have been thinking about lowering mine using the same springs, but after looking at your pics I think the front of my car currently sits about the same as yours does lowered, the back of my car is what needs lowered the most. Your car looks sweet with the new stance!

OP stance looks great! I have the same springs on my 13.

JLear, what wheels do you have on your car? Looks like Saleen wheels. :beer:

Last edited:

Pixel Professor

Established Member
Good to know. I took a look at the "how to" section. Seems pretty straight forward. I have access to a lift and the spring compressor so it might make life easier. Did you install the panhard bar? Ive seen back and forth over its actual need.

I just installed the FRPP lowering springs on my 2011 and definitely need the panhard bar. I went with the BMR. The axle was shifted about 1/2" to the left without it installed and it looked awful without the axle centered. I don't think the front came down much if any compared to the SVTPP springs, but I didn't measure. The back came down close to 1".

008.jpg

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Looks very nice!! I love black..but after a black 56 F100 Restomod custom show truck ..and, a black 01Lightning show truck before it..I don't want any more black vehicles for showing!! Black will work your ass off keeping show ready! :-D

No other color looks as good though (on a cloudy day) in a car show!:coolman:

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
TexasRoe, I found a couple of good "how-to" videos on installing and adjusting the adjustable PH bar if you need them. Just let me know and I'll post the links.

Ed

Thanks Ed. Just picked up the MM adjustable panhrad bar and going Im going to install tomorow. Should be simple.

Roe

spg

Established Member
To the OP and everyone else hear & has done this mod, I want to install these springs also on my 2011 GT500 mostly for the better look/stance but I have another question to all.

I've had this car for about a month, I'm in Northern CA, Bay Area to be specific. I'm going down Hwy 680 in the San Ramon area...I should say as some of you may already be aware the freeways around here kinda suck as for as the condition of the road. So im going through the gears and just driving spiritedly and got it up to 90-ish and omg this cars bouncing all over the place and very unstable at high speeds to me. Do you guys find this minor susp. upgrade helps stability at higher speeds? This is my first American car for probably 15 year's or so. I've been in German cars for a long time, so for me I guess im comparing it to the 911's & BMW M's I've been lucky enough to waste $$$ on. They were all very stable at higher speeds. Its nice to be back to American car (Ford) Driving this GT500 really reminds me of my dads Sunbeam Tiger. I feel good driving it and proud they didn't take/need the "bailout"! I should mention this is my daily driver and stock.:beer:

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
To the OP and everyone else hear & has done this mod, I want to install these springs also on my 2011 GT500 mostly for the better look/stance but I have another question to all.

I've had this car for about a month, I'm in Northern CA, Bay Area to be specific. I'm going down Hwy 680 in the San Ramon area...I should say as some of you may already be aware the freeways around here kinda suck as for as the condition of the road. So im going through the gears and just driving spiritedly and got it up to 90-ish and omg this cars bouncing all over the place and very unstable at high speeds to me. Do you guys find this minor susp. upgrade helps stability at higher speeds? This is my first American car for probably 15 year's or so. I've been in German cars for a long time, so for me I guess im comparing it to the 911's & BMW M's I've been lucky enough to waste $$$ on. They were all very stable at higher speeds. Its nice to be back to American car (Ford) Driving this GT500 really reminds me of my dads Sunbeam Tiger. I feel good driving it and proud they didn't take/need the "bailout"! I should mention this is my daily driver and stock.:beer:
I would say yes to an extent. My last car had a V8 with IRS and I was used to being able to feel the rearend and being planted. When I first got this beast I had little confidence taking corners unless I wanted to power slide. I went with the Eibach pro-kit and it drives almost a smooth as stock with more feel and response(and it looks tits! Im not going to say lowering it made it the best car ever but I now have more confidence with the car feeling planted and knowing when Im getting at the extremes of traction. Im just a regular dude with regular driving skills. Im sure more experienced forum members will chime in and get you set up with what you are looking for.

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Well, I can't speak for your suspension issues as I've only had my Shelby for a little over a month. The roads around metro Atlanta aren't the greatest but I haven't noticed any issues with a "bouncy" suspension..either before or after the lowering process. Of course, my DD for the last 13 years has been a 98 Mustang GT so I guess I'm used to a somewhat "sporty" suspension. I'm not sure an IRS suspension compensates that much better on the basically worn out expressway systems throughout the country. Our Taurus certainly rides better than the Shelby..but, then that is to be expected. I guess it is what you get used to.

Just the overall "stance" of the Shelby from the Eibach Pro kit was worth it too me! :beer:

Last edited:

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
BTW, SPG..how much air pressure are you running in your tires..particularly, the rears? I run 35 lbs in the front and 31 or 32 in the rears. Over inflated rear tires could certainly increase the "bounce" factor I would think..

RARESNAKE

Established Member
Any ideas of which pan hard bar is best? Looking at steeda and maximum motorosports ? Steeda has bushings and maximum has spherical joints which is better?

Users who are viewing this thread