The situation...

Morningstar908

Established Member
Long story short...I had a Vortech V1 on the cobra and blew the #8 piston. I had to sell the supercharger to finance the rebuild. Now that everything is back together I have an issue I'm trying to work out.

The car is idling at 1100 RPM which seems a little high. When the air conditioner is on the RPMs surge between 1100 and 1600. The motor also shakes when at idle (kinda like when a motor mount is broke). The car is throwing a p1506 code for Idle Air Speed. I put a new IAC on and the code is still there. When I accelerate all the shaking goes away and there is no stumble...its not a miss.

Could my problem be the Hypertech Tune that came with the Vortech (I think it is at least contributing)? Im also thinking vacuum leak so im hooking it up to my buddies smoke machine at his shop...

Im just looking for some other ideas as my head is spinning on this problem...

ohh and I bumped up the compression on the motor if that figures into any of the problems. As soon as she is running good Im going to throw her on the dyno and get a tune...pics/vids/dyno sheet to come....hopefully:coolman:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
yes, it could definitley be the tune. You arent running the same tune from the supercharger are you? If you are, you should switch back to the stock tune till you can get a chance to dyno tune that car.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
from the sound of it, a SC tune would almost directly tie to all of the problems your having. Idle most definetely being affected by it...

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Yes, thats probably the cause of all the problems.... Let us know when you flash it back...

Users who are viewing this thread