The Space Elevator

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the idea of space elevators. Now we just have to build one.

94venomV8

Established Member
Yeah but it would not be a simple price of a ticket. That would be billions to build they aren't going to let everyone ride it for even $25 I'd bet. It would probably be over. $1000 ride.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
10 years and they haven't finished ground zero and they're talking space elevators? ha!!
maybe if this was 20th century America, but that mindset is long gone.

Slow99x

Established Member
Well, NASA has plenty of time and engineers now that there will be no more shuttle launches.

Thanks Obama for making our astronauts ride on the back of the russian bus.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yeah but it would not be a simple price of a ticket. That would be billions to build they aren't going to let everyone ride it for even $25 I'd bet. It would probably be over. $1000 ride.

A space elevator could and should not be owned by any one country, nor could any one country at this point burden the cost of such an endeavor. The price will have to be paid by all countries who wish to use it. At least the first one, im sure once #1 is built, 2, 3 and #10 wont be far behind.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Amazing concept and really probably the best way to reach orbit unless antigravity technology becomes possible.

If it could be built, space travel and exploration would grow leaps and bounds. Virgin Galactic has proven there are more than enough wealthy people willing to spend big money for the chance to travel into space.

Users who are viewing this thread