The Stall, Amazon Chip, and Reburns...

Cobra'03

Established Member
Heading to the Mustang Show - wife in yard - slow down at end of driveway to avoid scracthing the spoiler, car dies - wife laughs thinking I stalled it. Of coursre, it was "The Stall".

First time this has happened with Rick's chip, so I guess it is the QUD2 two-step.

Question: If Ford offers a reflash, and I pull my Amazon Chip and take the car to Ford, will it have to be reburned after Ford's reprogramming?

BTW, it was humid today, and this is the first stall in a long while of cool air driving - is it possibly related to the MAP sensor, which read barometrics?

mosconiac

Established Member
Rumor has it that Ford knows how to solve this situation, but hasn't stepped up to the plate yet.

My '03 hasn't progressed to the stalling stage yet, but day-by-day the idle is getting worse. It drops to roughly 550rpm and is rough a he11.

It used to idle rough only occasionally, then it was prevalent when hot and now it is nearly all the time. I'm waiting for the first time mine stalls, which I'm sure it will. :eek:(

All in all, I'm still in love with this car though. A few Idiosyncrasies like any fine woman. ;o)

Mosconiac

Cobra'03

Established Member
When are you gonna explain what a mosconiac is?

My idle is fine, right around 750, gets a tad lumpy when the fans engage on high, and of course, drops below 500 when the stall surfaces.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
My car stalled until i took out Stock plugs that were gapped from 49 to 51 and installed NGKTr6's gapped at 40.
The recommended gap on the stock plugs is 42 to 46..

Jim V.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Hey Glenn, No reburn will be needed with the 4-bank chip. It will be fine. This was one of the things addressed in the 2nd run cars. Hope they fixed it. The reflash I bet will be to the new puter code. Hope this helped
Rick

Cobra'03

Established Member
Jim: Thx for the tip, but I have done the plug thing - still stalls. I do not think it is a spark issue, but rather an engine management issue - IAC, MAP, or just a bug in how the EEC-V sorts out what needs to be done when you do a quick close of the throttle under certain conditions. Like someone said, the car runs so great the rest of the time, I cannot be too concerned as I am sure Ford will get it right. The Forum hotheads post "Ford bites" at the littlest thing, so us old farts take it in stride.

Rick: Rick, thanks for the reply, but I am confused. I have a QUD2 - so is that 4 or 2 bank? If it is 2, will your Diablo need to be reburned under the conditions I mentioned? Come to think of it, can you educate us on what the "banks" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread