* The STIG IS BEN COLLINS?

ChrisRed89LX

Established Member
I wanted to find out, but now that I know: I is disappoint. :(

However I'm now faxing my resume in to be the new stig, as the job may be open soon.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
there's nothing official yet. I read that whoever 'The Stig' is, was going to write a book and in his book he would reveal himself as 'The Stig' and BBC was going to sue him due to breach of contract if he did.

mosconiac

Established Member
I watched an episone where the Stig was revealed as Michael Shumacher. They did a long segment on it & it was very funny. Am I to believe that was a hoax?

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
they showed it on the show like a year or 2 ago that it was michael shumacher

why do they think ben collins is the stig?

just because of some paper work that he did driving for top gear?

he was on the evo challenge episode as himself

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I watched an episone where the Stig was revealed as Michael Shumacher. They did a long segment on it & it was very funny. Am I to believe that was a hoax?

The Stig is not Schumacher.

They did that more or less as a joke. The reason behind it was because they tested the Ferrari FXX that episode. It wasn't a car loaned from the factory like a lot of them are, but it was Michael Schumacher's FXX. And in order for it to make an appearance on the show, Ferrari deemed that it could only be driven by Schumacher.

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member

why do they think ben collins is the stig?

just because of some paper work that he did driving for top gear?

he was on the evo challenge episode as himself

that was a joke that top gear was doing

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
They do a lot of other driving on the show (as well as stunt-driving, which is Ben Collins is known for) besides what The Stig does. Who knows what driving Ben has done for the show. I for one am not going to ruin it. The Stig is just The Stig to me.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
don't read this if you want to be confident that you don't know who the stig is...(i think that made sense...)

"Two Bristol-based local newspapers had published articles a week earlier, on the basis of information leaked from a local art-gallery. Collins had previously commissioned a Clifton-based father and son business in September 2008, to produce a limited-edition run of 450 poster prints to be sold on at a price of £318 each. Collins had initially portrayed himself as a BBC marketing executive and only confirmed a more detailed connection to the Top Gear character after the signing of confidentiality agreements by the business owners. The signed poster image showed a salt flat scene, with The Stig positioned standing on it."

seems pretty damn obvious to me.
the article in the OP is 100% meaningless though, as ben collins has done plenty of stunt driving - unmasked - for top gear already. the fact that he did some driving for top gear and there were 'long term benefits' mearly means exactly what it means, lol. the above pretty much confirms for me though, that he is the stig. i mean there is no real logical reason for having the business owners sign a confidentiality agreement if he wasn't the stig.

hunterp

Established Member
Maybe one of these days I'll understand why people obsess over who some guy who dresses like a Power Ranger really is. Then again, I'm not really a Top Gear fan.

THE_STIG

Established Member
1454018245_5986b5e6c1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread