The Superduty got some mods

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Figure I'll post it up if anyone is interested, I scheduled a Friday off of work a few weeks ago to do a few mods to the PSD :thumbsup:. So that Friday was two days ago, I got myself the typical aftermarket gauges, and MBRP's 4inch 409 stainless turboback exhaust. I figure I get the "harder" mods done first, that way I got gauges and a 4 inch exhaust ready to go for alittle more power ahead. I still need to do something about an aftermarket air filter setup.

The gauges I went with were Autometers Sport comp; boost, egt, and trans temp.

The factory exhaust removal and MBRP install went really well - had to use some elbow grease but all went well, I cut my factory exhaust (sawzall) in order to get the factory downpipe out of the truck if anyone was curious.

Gauges and exhaust took about 8 hours with myself and another diesel buddy in a garage, that's with an hour and a half hot rodding around with half MBRP on, lunch, going back and finishing it.. taking a few more breaks here and there along with the gauges going in. I didn't buy a tip for the exhaust, so I'm not sure if I just want to leave it as 4'' coming out or if I really need a 5-6 inch tip.. I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, with that said.. here are two pics I took today;

Gauges.gif

Picture132.gif

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
2ndGearPull said:
Nice set up.....Does the gauge pod give you a blind spot???

A little bit, I just have to remember to move my head around them at stop signs, etc. etc. I got used to it with the L, so it's not a real problem at all.

I was going to get the pod that fits underneath the cubby hole thing next to the steering wheel. Decided the A-pillar pods are too cool though. :thumbsup:

S.O.B.

Sweet Old Bob!
Established Member
COOL! The gauges on the pillar do look cooler and they are right there where you can take a quick peek at them. Good choice on the MBRP, they make qaulity parts.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Tauk, nice!

I too went with the 4" MBRP. Mine came with a tip tho. :shrug:

The gauge pod I went with goes on the windshield, above the rear view mirror. DiPricol gauges that match the OEM's perfectly.

For the filter, I bit the bullet, spent the coin, and got the AFE stage 2 pro guard 7 filter setup. It's nice!

The rest of my mods are in my sig.

Stewart

Last edited:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Yeah, I was thinking of going the Tymar route, even swapped emails with the guy regarding the mod route I wanted to go (he was giving me a price list on stuff he could supply), but I opted to go down a different path.

Stewart

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Lord Tauk said:
Cool, I just went to NAPA the other day and bought the 6637 Filter, some heavy duty diesel filter and threw that on too.

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=FIL&PartNumber=6637&Description=Air+Filter+(Gold)

Homebrew tymar is the mod.
That is what my filter crosses over to, didn't know it until I got on the interent and started looking at pictures. I went this way because an oil'd gauze filter+dirt+bad deal. Plus it does a better job filtering then the stock setup.

Users who are viewing this thread