The trend continues - new head fixes tick!

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I'm happy to report that the new head replacement on my car fixed the tick! It's a tickless wonder now!

The service writer called me mid afternoon to tell me that it was ready to pick up. He said he'd bet I wouldn't even be able to tell they had been in there. Well....he was right! What other's have said is true. When you see your car in pieces, you just won't believe that it will ever be the same. Yet it is, as best as I can tell so far. Here is what it looked like torn apart:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47609&highlight=new+head

With the paint on these cars not being too tough, I was pretty concerned about that aspect of it, as well. No scratches and clean as a whistle!

Shop foreman Greg, (who also worked on my car), and service writer Steve at Webster Ford get two thumbs up from this customer! I'm very satisfied. Greg's skills are incredible.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

riplightning

Established Member
Good to hear your swap went well. I have my car in now. It's been at the dealer since 7-15-03 and they ordered the head 7-21-03. My service guy sd I should have it back Friday 7-25-03 or Monday. It is a challenge to be without the car for 2 weeks, but I can't wait to NOT hear the tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick........ you get the picture.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
They did a great job except 1 thing. They put my alarm/remote start wires back in a hack master fasion. I brought it back on monday and I'm picking it up in a few hours. We will see if its fixed.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
rip - let us know how you make out. I know it's tough to go without your car. I missed having mine over the weekend, and the weather was perfect. Also missed a track event on Friday nite. But it is worth it!

bassin247 - glad to hear it worked out for you, too. Hope they get you properly wired!

Users who are viewing this thread