The ultimate (hopefully) 3-link AirRide suspension build.

SADF

Established Member
Ian, nice Watts. I need one so bad! KP said two years ago they would be comming out with a direct bolt on one for fullsize Fords and since then all they still only have GM :(. Then of course the was Totally Polished, who's are/were sick. They were not a bolt on, but required little modifications which was basically just welding instead of bolting. A guy I know from FordTruckWorld had the first one put on his Green/Flamed SCREW and even had a vid of it. He knew the guy who developed it and apparently the guy sold the patent. I need a new Trans Crossmember also and Devious Customs sales the one I need I just can't figure out which one I need on their site and it does not help they won't return my emails:fm: All in all, I respect greatly the amount of fab work going into your ride. Could end up being one or the best L ever by the way it sounds with the mods you have. Wheels= sick; Brakes=sick; Suspension= also, very sick; Unreal Ian:beer:

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
:shrug: You sure bout them welds? Other than that....can't wait!

I did some destructive testing on some of them, and penetration was much better than looks, I laid some real decent looking welds, and some ugly ones as well, but I am confident they will hold just fine.

ian... everything looks good other then your choice of tools!!! where is all the yellow????

I think I am using some DeWalt drill bits.......LOL

Looks great Ian.

Thanks E ! :beer:

Ian, nice Watts. I need one so bad! KP said two years ago they would be comming out with a direct bolt on one for fullsize Fords and since then all they still only have GM :(. Then of course the was Totally Polished, who's are/were sick. They were not a bolt on, but required little modifications which was basically just welding instead of bolting. A guy I know from FordTruckWorld had the first one put on his Green/Flamed SCREW and even had a vid of it. He knew the guy who developed it and apparently the guy sold the patent. I need a new Trans Crossmember also and Devious Customs sales the one I need I just can't figure out which one I need on their site and it does not help they won't return my emails:fm: All in all, I respect greatly the amount of fab work going into your ride. Could end up being one or the best L ever by the way it sounds with the mods you have. Wheels= sick; Brakes=sick; Suspension= also, very sick; Unreal Ian:beer:

That means alot coming from the guy with one of the most highly modded street driven frames I know of. The watts I made should work on any truck that does not have shocks in the stock locations, or a swaybar facing the rear, and is far from universal, but maybe if you gave me some very detailed photos of your rear suspension I could whip something up for you after the summer. :rockon:

pitstain

Established Member
dont think thats gunna be enough to get me a raise...:rollseyes
damn

I buy disposable tools from HF, I know it's cheap chinese crap, but my build budget did not include swanky tools, which would probably not be used again for a long time. When I buy a house I'll be sure to get a whole bunch of nifty yellow tools.....:)

SADF

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words Ian. :beer: I would be MORE than interested on the Watts! Will let you do your thing for the time being, your making good process so we won't distract you with any more than the amount you've got you hands full with. Keep it up bro!

Last edited:

pitstain

Established Member
Too bad those Unibits are the newer ones MADE IN CHINA.... :poke:

Keep working hard pal.

American unibits are like 40 bagillion dollars.....LOL

Thanks for the kind words Ian. :beer: I would be MORE than interested on the Watts! Will let you do your thing for the time being, your making good process so we won't distract you with any more than the amount you've got you hands full with. Keep it up bro!

Will do bud :)

SADF

Established Member
I wonder what the progress is with Lightningonbag's truck? SADF you talk to him don't you? FFS

'Bout as much as many on here. We obviously have a common interest in that were both bagged and during my build I hit him a bit. Id also like to know because I think he was doing suicide doors or something. Was he also doing more suspension work?

203Cree

Established Member
Last I remember from LOB is that the doors were done and he was going to paint, but I haven't seen anything from him since then. As I remember though, the doors turned out absolutely SICK........

Ian, great looking build thus far.... :beer: :rockon:

pitstain

Established Member
Last I remember from LOB is that the doors were done and he was going to paint, but I haven't seen anything from him since then. As I remember though, the doors turned out absolutely SICK........

Ian, great looking build thus far.... :beer: :rockon:

I was wondering what happened to Lonbags as well, it was it the shop for forever getting the doors done, then a few pics, then he kinda fell off the radar..

And thanks Rob, I am so damm anxious to just drive my truck.

pitstain

Established Member
Well I have gotten some more done, and hopefully it will be on the road and on it's way to JJ @ WMS for some tuning and 3.31 gear install by the end of next week.

Tube for one of the link bars, cut to length and drilled for plug welds, threaded inserts moked up, and a finished and painted link bar.

008.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

CIMG3221.JPG

The watts linkage, just need to build the clamp on axle tube mounts next week.

021.JPG

Some of the prep done to the airlines to armour them up, all airlines covered in techflex braided sleeve and fully wrapped in 3M super 88 electrical tape.

CIMG3229.JPG

CIMG3230.JPG

Gave a little love to the axles with some paint.

CIMG3234.JPG

CIMG3236.JPG

Air compressors all wired up with relays and fuses, all done up wih techflex, electrical tape and split loom, also plumbed some of the airlines.

CIMG3237.JPG

CIMG3238.JPG

CIMG3241.JPG

Some of the airline and wiring harness routing through the frame with rubber grommets.

CIMG3242.JPG

CIMG3243.JPG

Got the Hydratech hydroboost unit installed on the firewall.

CIMG3245.JPG

CIMG3246.JPG

AND......DRUMROLL......the rear is back under the truck with all the links, rear shockwaves, rear rideheight sensors, AND new smaller stage 2 TCE rear brakes installed.....

CIMG3247.JPG

CIMG3248.JPG

Oh anyone need my parking brake leftovers.....?

CIMG3250.JPG

pitstain

Established Member
Thanks guys, I just can't wait to drive the damm thing again, oh and my inspection expired 3 days ago......ugggg.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
This is an awesome build!! Keep up the great work.. I hope you get videos of it in action when it's all done!

Users who are viewing this thread