The vette killer

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Damn government computers, can't access that forum for some reason (****ing Comm Nazis). Cliffs please?

Saleen4971

Established Member
disregarding how hilariously idiotic that is....

"most powerful V8 ever produced"

guess they are taking from the bill clinton book... "that depends what your definition of the word 'produced' is"

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
So that is their big claim to being a vette killer? Okay you make more power but that isn't what makes any car a "killer". People put hayabusa motors in smart cars and them little boogers are fast but it ain't no vette killer! The point is in order to be killer of another is it has to dominate all aspects of the other car while being the same price range. The other point is these are two different types of cars, Muscle car vs Sports car, so why not make a claim against a similar car? Z28, ZL1, GT500 would be more of better claim but even then not a "killer" of any of these except the ZL1 IMO. Don't get me wrong this car is badass and I would be happy to own one but Dodge is letting this 707 go to it's head!!

Last edited:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
Looking forward to this 707 monster beating the Z06 in 1/4 times, breaking, slalom, and road course. Until then....you beat it on paper with HP ratings.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I'm confused.

The article starts off saying....

"After years of being "King of The Streets!" The Chevrolet Corvette has found it's final resting place."

Then the article says....

"I'm guessing with a tune, headers, and exhaust your pushing close to 800 horsepower. When that happens the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and Z06 will be nothing more than target practice!"

So the top of the line challenger is faster than the base model corvette, putting the corvette in it's final resting place.

But then you have to modify the top of the line challenger to beat the stock top of the line corvette.

What happens when you add tune, headers and exhaust to the new Z06 or the ZR1?

And what the heck is "power to rate" ratio?

matt87

Established Member
if only hp was the only equation of owning a muscle car then yes the hellcat will have its 15 minutes of fame but i bet in less than 1 years time it will be old news and beat out in the hp wars by something. still kinda dumb saying its a vette killer before the zr vette comes out. lol

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The Hellcat is the top end of the Dodge performance line-up, isn't the Z06 and ZR1 the top of chevy's?

Pretty sure that "stock for stock" the Z06 would be faster in most straight line tests.

E

AWDLS2

Established Member
LOL the hellcat trapped what 125-126? What a C6Z did in 2006 with 505hp. Hellcat king of the street is laughable

scott_0

Established Member
isnt any Vette, like half a car lighter than the Hellcat? so their power to weight ratio is kinda off Id say lol

Sn95Snake

Established Member
I find it funny with all the hellcat talk everyone forgets the Viper is the top of the Dodge lineup!

Users who are viewing this thread