The way 93' Cobras should have looked.

93ReefNotch

Established Member
Heres how Ford should have made the 93' Cobras. Hehe :beer:

I borrowed a set of 93' Cobra wheels to see how they would look on my car. You really need to use spacers on the wheels to make them fit correctly due to the Cobra brakes. My Bogart wheels also stuck out on the front of the 93' Cobra quite a bit, but the rears looked fine. Heres a few pics with the Cobra wheels and some with Bogarts. What do you guys think? Ford should have made a Cobra Notch or the Hatch Ground effect look is better? My opinion is that it should have been an option to get the Cobra Parts in any other body style. Oh well way to late for that now.

myrare1

Established Member
The car looks really nice with the cobra wheels on it. :thumbsup:

That is one really clean notch you have there. I was looking for a notch when I found my Mystic. I am still a little partial to the fox bodies though

satx

Banned
yup, that IS what ford should have done. Let's see......stiffer/lighter body with the brakes and GT40 motor.....hey, where's the grill!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Can I nitpick? I have never liked Borla's finishing tips on their tailpipes, especially on exposed pipes like the LX and Cobra. I think they should be the same diameter all the way back (2.5"), without the welded on flair. Just my .02 cents worth, obviously an opinion thing.

Your car looks great (always liked a trunk car without the luggage rack or a wing), but I still like my Cobra better. Of course, I'm a little biased... :D

93ReefNotch

Established Member
I agree COMPLETELY about the tailpipes! They were on the car when i got it there coming off this week. I love thw sound of the Borla's just hate the tailpipes. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed them. Thanks for the compliments.

Lee

Established Member
I have the same Borla exhaust and I also hate the "flare", but that's what was on it when I bought it. They do sound good. I hate to replace it because it's a nice stainless system and it costs a lot.

As for your "reefnotch" it looks great! In my opinion, it needs a low wing on the back. Maybe even the 93 Cobra wing! :)

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Reef-I like the looks of it with the rims on there, and its a free country. Do what you want. Hell I always thought they should have made a Cobra ragtop and Notch in 93.

For what its worth: Its nice to see that people aren't shy about "telling it like it is" when it comes to other people's cars.:kaboom: And people wonder why Cobra owners are seen as snobs...

Last edited:

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Originally posted by monkeyspunk79
For what its worth: Its nice to see that people aren't shy about "telling it like it is" when it comes to other people's cars.:kaboom: And people wonder why Cobra owners are seen as snobs...

:shrug: What kind of responce did you expect to get from the "Fox Body Cobra" forum. Frankly, I think everyone has been very cordial toward him and have simply stated how they feel. I don't quite understand why somone who posts that they like the apperance of there 93 cobra over his notch in our forum is to be labeled a snob? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:beer:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
don't kid yourself, the car looks good, but the cobra looks a hell of alot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cordial?

:shrug:

I don't think he was saying that his car looked better. It was more of a display of what he thought looked good. People like to play with their cars. You're right, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

:beer:

Last edited:

93ReefNotch

Established Member
I'm not offended by other peoples comments regarding my car. This post was more of a joke, "The way 93' Cobras should have looked." I knew that everyone who owns a 93's cobra prefers that body style over any other fox-body... thats why they own it. I own a "cheap" notchback because I actually do prefer the look of it over the hatch cars. Although I still appreciate the looks of a 93 Cobra I just would rather have notch and on top of that the 93' Cobra that I would want is very hard to find (Teal, black cloth, no sunroof.) Any thanks for all of the comments positive or negative.

Users who are viewing this thread