the WontGoAway surge!!

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
after tuning my apten.. i had the surge/stall.. that wont go away... i cant figure it out.. after replacing the iac the car doesnt stall but sometimes wants too..

i had a new diablo revolution ship installed after my old one on my apten tune.. could the chip be bad causing this?

the car surges only when going down hill or going in a straight away while giving it gas for over 10seconds.. at any rpm not only at 1800.... if i leave it at 2100 for example for too long it will surge back and forth and when i give it gas it will go away and do the same thing...

when i take it back to the tuner.. what should i have him look at exactly to determine what is casueing it..??

it is really really irritating me..

Marc

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
try unpluggin the frps and see if it still does it. surgin is almost always a a/f problem not usualy a compression or spark problem.
you've replaced the iac
i believe youve cleaned the maf

i would try the frps next

also do you have the stall flash in your car?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
im not sure.. 2mrw i will do the frps... i hope that does it!!! if not i wont know what to do...

question though.. there is no fuel on the frps connection.. doesnt that mean it is still good? and i have no problems stalling when going into boost.. as far as i know that is 1st sign of a problem??

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
hey another point. unplugging it will put your car in open loop i believe and may hide the problem, another solution would be to let someone with a predator datalog your car.

i dont think you have to have your backup in the pred to datalog. just change parameters in the tune and or install tunes.

datalog

rpm
maf voltage
frp

im no ford tech but when i worked for mitsu maf voltage at idle should be around .94 volts (funny thats what hondas map sensors are at idle) i'll look at my maf voltage at idle tomorrow

frp is about 40psi on my cobra

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
what is the code for the frps for the predetor?... i dont want to unplug the frps isnt that dangerous?

mArc

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
well it makes ur pump stay on, instead of pulse my friend unplugged his when his broke on the hwy to drive home.

before you unplug it see if u can datalog

just plug the pred in
go to diagnostics
a screen with a warnign will come up hit continiue
go to real time data
go to gas acceleration (or driveability or fuel, does not matter)
go to custom list
click enter on rpm, frp, and maf voltage (asterics will apear next to selected item)

his esc once or twice untill you see it start logging data (the numbers will start moving when it starts logging)

go drive and duplicate the problem a few time.

see if everything normal during this condition

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
oh yeah i forgot a screen will come up asking for sample rate. click on fast rate

Users who are viewing this thread