the worst wreck i have ever seen

openaccount

Established Member
The saftey stuff in race cars are insane. The fact that people actually survive crash like that all the time is insane

Jkstang78

Established Member
From NHRA.com
Veteran NHRA Pro Stock racers Bruce Allen and Kenny Koretsky were involved in a two-car accident during Friday’s second qualifying session at the O’Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals at Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas.

Racing in the right-hand lane, Allen drifted out of the groove towards the right-side retaining wall just before half track. When he attempted to drive back into the groove the car overcorrected, turned onto its right side, and slid directly into the path of Koretsky's Dodge. A fraction of a second later Koretsky drove through the undercarriage of Allen's car, knocking it into several pieces including the driver's compartment, which stayed intact. Koretsky ground to a halt along the left-side wall with Allen spinning to a stop 100 feet behind him.

Both men were conscious and alert when they were transported by Life Flight to Parkland Medical Center in Dallas. Koretsky had climbed from his car under his own power.

Update (Saturday, Oct. 8): The Reher-Morrison race team has announced that driver Bruce Allen is being released from Parkland Hospital in Dallas to convalesce at home. Allen sustained no broken bones in his horrific Friday night accident. He suffered a concussion and abrasions to his hands but was alert and communicating with his wife and teammates . Ken Koretsky has a bruised heart from the impact and remains hospitalized at Parkland.

[Koretsky quotes]
Koretsky, bruised and sore, awaits release from hospital

Dallas, Saturday: Kenny Koretsky was resting comfortably, albeit painfully, Saturday afternoon at Parkland Medical Center in Dallas following a spectacular drag racing accident he experienced Friday night at Texas Motorplex in nearby Ennis.

“It feels like my chest is crushed,” said Koretsky from his hospital bed. “My neck, right arm and hand hurt and the doctors think I may have a bruised heart. The doctors want to run a few more tests before they release me.”

Considering the severity of the impact when Koretsky’s Nitro Fish Wear Dodge Stratus struck Bruce Allen’s Pontiac near the finish line, the fact neither driver received broken bones or serious injuries is testimony to the safety of the race cars.

Koretsky was about to complete his quarter-mile qualifying run in the left lane when Allen’s car went out of control, turned left on its right side and crossed into Koretsky’s lane. The collision knocked the engine from Allen’s car, sending it skidding down the track.

Koretsky, of Richboro, Pa., didn’t know what hit him.

“All I remember is Bruce’s motor coming through the windshield” he recalled. “It was such a hard hit. That’s the hardest hit I’ve ever experienced. I was moving along real well and all of a sudden I came to a dead stop. I didn’t even see him.”

“Bruce and I were very fortunate we weren’t more seriously hurt. The seat belts did their job but they left serious marks on me.”

“The computer that measures the g-forces in Kenny’s car showed a plus 2.5 reading, but it immediately went to minus 6.5 – the highest it reports – when they hit each other,” said Guarnaccia.

Allen, of Arlington, Texas, was released from Parkland Medical Center Saturday afternoon.

Just glad to see that everyone is ok. The NHRA community lost darrell russell Last year to a Top Fuel racing accident. Link is to His death if anyone want to read it.http://www.nhra.com/2004/news/june/062801.html

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Damn the motor almost went through the windshield..serious shyt..thank goodness they lived

Users who are viewing this thread