There's a new snake loose in the 'burgh

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Specifically this fine specimen here.
mysnake.jpg

More pics here.

I picked her up saturday from winner auto in deleware after following a link posted by Silvercoffin:thumbsup: a week ago.
Finally managed to drag myself away from the car long enough to do lesser things, like eat, post, etc. The dealership, Winner Auto had a nice selection of Saleen and Rousch stangs also but nothing as killer lookin as the Cobra IMO. Newlin at WinnerAuto was great through the whole process. No markup, no BS, and he emailed me pics of the car when it came still on the carrier:thumbsup:thus becoming the first "internet sales" guy I've met who uses more of his 'puter than the reply button. He's got the business for my next cobra, besides having to drive it 300 miles home with the top down is a plus in my book:-D .

Ok first impressions. The pictures do not do this car justice. It is awesome in person. It just plain looks wicked from any angle, and the mineral grey color has to be seen in person also. Depending on how the light strikes the car it's either a pewter-silver or goldish or several shades between.:coolman:

The car just plain pulls like noones business. It doesn't matter what gear if you stomp it she's a takin off quick. Also the SC sounds sweeeet when it kicks in. I did find out what you guys mean by wheel hop, I've lit 'em up 3 times (couldn't resist the urge) and on the third time I got a little wheel hop, this was also the one time I forgot to take the traction control off, I wonder if that was a contributing factor but I'm not inclined to test the theory further.

I know the car is front heavy but It handles very neutral in corners. I read someones post where they said it corners like it's on rails, I would second that one. She's also pretty tight with the bolton subs but There's room for improvement there (soon).

Does anyone know how to turn off the annoying shift light?:loser:

I did get a barely perceptible vibration around 80 in fifth but I stress 'barely'. If it's still there at 1k miles or so I'll get it looked at.

Guages- :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The shifter is a bit notchy but precise, I have gone to 4 instead of six the first couple of times because I'm used to a 5 speed and didn't think to use a little right pressure. Hasn't happened since.

The exhaust is quiet but what sound it does make is nice. I'll probably swap out for something a little louder but not right away.

The seats rock. I love the side bolster and lumbar adjustments, it takes a little fiddlin but you can get it fitting like it was made for you. Holds you tight in corners, and they have headrests that are actually useable.

The stereo sounds good once you fine tune it a little.

The car brakes good and straight with minimal nosedive considering the weight up front. Not a lot of feedback from the pedal though but that'll probably improve with time.

Overall fit and finish is excellent. A few very minor flaws in the car, one veryminor scratch in the paint which I didn't notice until I got home so it could have happened enroute. And the lever on the driver's seat to flip it forward for rearseat access was missing the plastic knob. Overall though I'm impressed.:D

The droptop is beautiful, period. :thumbsup:

To sum it up great job SVT.:beer: :thumbsup: This car rocks!!

03blownvenom

Established Member
FX-MAN,
I've noticed a little vibration when I hit over 80 too. I thought maybe it would clear up after 100 but it didn't. I don't know if it could be the tires or transmission. I'm sure someone will figure it out. I'm not worried...I still love the car..

FX-Man

Established Member
The vib on mine only happens from 80 to mebbe 85 or so then goes away, and like I said it's barely there then, nothing at all in 6 up to 120 (so far).

anteros511

Established Member
Originally posted by 03blownvenom
FX-MAN,
I've noticed a little vibration when I hit over 80 too. I thought maybe it would clear up after 100 but it didn't. I don't know if it could be the tires or transmission. I'm sure someone will figure it out. I'm not worried...I still love the car..

My 03 doesn't go over 80 without severe noises and the service engine light coming on... sorry... I just felt like venting...

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Congrats !!

Sweet Ride........
can you post more pics of your roof...
I'm curious as to the quality.
Congrats Again !!
:thumbsup:
80 in 5th ??!!! Wow !!
Not used to that either or ever.....
...that is a 6th gear.

FX-Man

Established Member
80 in 5th ??!!! Wow !!

Yeah normally I would be in 6th but I was trying to vary the rpm's a little on the 300 mile jaunt home so I was cruising from 65-80 in 4th-6th gears. BTW 80 in 5th was pullin a little over 3k rpm and she felt like she could do it all day long.:thumbsup:

silvercoffin

Established Member
nice

real nice.

what a car

looks mean and i agree even meaner in person!

Hmmmm no vibrations in my car i think. I hear more noise over all from the tires especially at higher speeds but I dont feel anything.

Im afriad to keep reading the neg posts cause ill start to imagine things heheheheh

I love this car!!!! but I am still stuck in NC with a nice heavy down pour everyday that makes my parents under construction yard and drive way a mud slick!!!!! I WANT TO DRIVE MY CAR!!!!!!!!

FX-Man

Established Member
It's a black top. I'll try to get time to take some and post tomorrow

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
FX Man, you look like a big guy. I'm 6'2" 215 and am thinking about getting the Kenny Brown seat extender kit. How do you fit in this car? My car exactly. Thanks for the pics. NOw i need it to get here

silvercoffin

Established Member
heehh

I am 6'4 and 260lbs and I find that the seats are not wide enough. They became uncomfortable after about 2 hours of my 11 hour trip to NC. I would hate to tear them out and put different seats in though.

FX-Man

Established Member
I'm 6'2" 215 and am thinking about getting the Kenny Brown seat extender kit.

I'm 6'1" and 230 or so and I don't even have the seat all the way back. Got it fit like a glove, it just took a little while because I'm not used to that many adjustments.

silvercoffin

Established Member

My problem is that the seat bolsters cuts into my right leg. I find its more comfortable with the bolsters inflated otherwise it really cuts into my leg. There are so many positions maybe I can still find one that works.

Its fine...just not on an 11 hour drive.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Nice - FX-Man. They'll be another Mineral Gray 'Vert loose in the 'Burgh tomorrow! I'm picking mine up in the afternoon...

Maybe we can meet up? Where exactly in the 'Burgh are you from?

silvercoffin

Established Member

NICE Looks even better with the top up. The black looks good. I had never seen the mineral with a black top before

skstang

Established Member
Hey FX-MAN your car is the same as mine and I was looking at your Vin. It has a X in it where mine has a nine. I wonder what is up with that. I got two coats of Zaino on it now. Damn that Mineral Grey is beautiful. Just glows in the sunlight.

Users who are viewing this thread