There's Nothing Better Than......

svtsilverback

Established Member
thinking about ordering a set of the MT also. just need to find two extra 03-04 rims to them on. :)

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Yes PLEASE post up about the MT's. My Nittos still have a problem hooking up :) I'd love to try the MT's out but I still got some life in the Nittos

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Nice, Ive always been a fan of Zex kits :)
the MT's have my attention tho! whered ya get em? how much? the only thing that bothers me is the tread life on em :( if they were anywhere near nittos I might consider em...hell I might consider em anyways LOL

I ordered them from Summit Racing and it took 2 weeks for delivery as they were on back order.

Yes PLEASE post up about the MT's. My Nittos still have a problem hooking up :) I'd love to try the MT's out but I still got some life in the Nittos

I will post up as soon as possible. I was going to mount them last night but High winds and local fires kept me from doing so. I'll try to this weekend although the forecast is for Thunder Showers Friday, Sat, & Sun. If the weather on Saturday is fair, I may run up to Sacramento Raceway and do a little test & tune.

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Post some pics of em mounted on the truck when you get a chance.

Well, it's raining so no street testing today, but I will post up some pic's of them mounted on the truck later.

BTW Andy, I dig the stance of your truck with the stock rims. I am thinking of getting 2 front tires mounted on the stockers and pulling the smoothie II's off for a while.

I've been thinking of powder coating the stock rims the same color as the truck (red) What do you guys think? I've seen black, white, & yellow done. Anyone do red?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Thanks for the compliment...

Red would defiantly look different. Maybe too much red in my opinion. Black would look really good I think..

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
:bowdown:UPS. The M/T hook way better than the nittos on the street. I had my for about a month! Haven't used them at the track yet.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I don't think the MT is going to wear as well as the Nitto drag radial for a daily driven truck. Thats one of the main reasons why I would get the Nitto over the MT, when the time comes.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
I don't think the MT is going to wear as well as the Nitto drag radial for a daily driven truck. Thats one of the main reasons why I would get the Nitto over the MT, when the time comes.

Discount tire said they don't last as long as the nittos!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^^

Hooking and lasting are two completely different things. If they can hook better than the Nittos and I end up having to replace the tires once or twice a year, then so be it. I waste more money than that on other crap for the truck so why not blow it on something worth while like traction?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Oh I know what you guys are saying/talking about.

I'm just saying from my standpoint, using the truck as a daily driver.....I think I will just opt for the Nittos. I got 20k out of my old Nittos. I really love the way a drag radial looks on these trucks, SOO much better than an F1/hankook/etc....

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
^^^^

Hooking and lasting are two completely different things. If they can hook better than the Nittos and I end up having to replace the tires once or twice a year, then so be it. I waste more money than that on other crap for the truck so why not blow it on something worth while like traction?

+1000 I don't DD my truck. I bought her in Feb 2007 with 42688 on the clock (10K on motor and 6k on blower) as of today I have 45500.7 :poke: I have NO problem getting the MT's! :rockon:

roush24

Established Member
the m/ts will be 100X better than the nittos as far as traction goes but certainly not last as long as the nittos. its really all in what you want/need them for. the reason the m/t's dont last as long is because theyre so much softer which in turn leads to better traction at the same time leading to faster wear. enjoy the new tires man

Users who are viewing this thread