#&$$)@! Thieves!

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
your ride gets busted into every couple of months......ya got alotta enemys or get a garage........

wait dont do that....the'll just break into your garage! :lol:

JAEagle

Established Member
I hope you're just joking around 'cause I don't take kindly to being called a thief. I doubt txyaloo wants to post where he keeps his Glock, that's why I gave him my email. I couldn't find any way to private message him.

I'd put in a safe but to me that just tells the crooks where the good stuff is. One more thing to fix/replace if they break in.

If you didn't know, there are a lot of places in NC where you can't legally carry. Fortunately, a bill is going through the House right now to make it legal to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol (like Chile's, Hooters, etc.). Finally government is doing something right.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I hope you're just joking around 'cause I don't take kindly to being called a thief. I doubt txyaloo wants to post where he keeps his Glock, that's why I gave him my email. I couldn't find any way to private message him.

I'd put in a safe but to me that just tells the crooks where the good stuff is. One more thing to fix/replace if they break in.

why would he tell you (stranger) where he keeps his valuables.
You may not be a theif but being that you joined this months and have 3 post is probably not something you should be asking.
Just my opinion and id bet you dont recieve a email from him and if you do then i suppose hes not as bright as i thought:bash:

Last edited:

DjKush

Established Member
The truck was broken in to some time this morning. They shattered the drivers side glass, pulled it out as one piece, and slid it under the truck. They only took the stereo, some cd's, and my V1. They left the gps, siruis, ipod interface, subs, etc which I was surprised to see.

I was extremely lucky as I forgot to take the Glock out when I got home last nite. It's good to know my "secret" storage area stayed hidden. The police officer who took the report couldn't find it when I was telling him where the gun was stored.

For anyone who's gone through this process with their insurance company, did they give you replacement value on your items or a depreciated replacement value? I should come out ahead if it's replacement value since my V1 was over 7 years old and the LCD was 4-5. I have to wait until Monday to get a new window and talk to the adjuster.

I'm tempted to sit at my front fence tonite and see if they come back for the rest.
damn sorry man! damn rats cant make a living like the rest of us, thats why they steal. and i was wondering... where is that secret hidding spot? i really need one in my truck thanx!

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I live north east of Austin off the toll road. I'd rather not say exactly where. The officer said a car two streets away was hit night before last. They stole his stereo, amps, subs, and rear lcd. Apparently, they are looking targeting cars with dark tint. They got 10 good prints, but I doubt anything will come of it.

I was actually looking at motion detecting cameras Tuesday. Always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to that kind of stuff. If I caught them, it wouldn't be a pistol in their face. It'd be this -
DSCF0251Large.jpg

I told the officer whoever did this was damn lucky I didn't wake up because they would have been dead in my driveway.

Here's some of the aftermath:
17ba5b7022ea.jpg

60ea57a065bf.jpg

They got my carpet filthy too, but I can't see my insurance company paying to get that cleaned.

where in texas are you? I hvae motion sensing cameras on my house and have some running so I can monitor in real time through my phone. I can recommend some cameras. Axis makes good stuff. I recommenad IP cameras but you can have a cc set up too which will work well. just realized how old this thread is jeeez.

Last edited:

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
I remember when he built it and want to say he had a pop up door in his console. It was held closed with a magnet. If you search you may find his console thread with pics if they are not red x's now.

Stewie 03

Established Member
^^^^^^ What he said. I just bought one from Melman and am considering adding this mod to it.

txyaloo

Established Member
I hardly every check the Gen 2 section anymore. Surprised I found this thread.

There is no way a full sized 1911 will fit in the console. My G27 with a mag extension barely fits.

I highly doubt someone from SVTP is going to carjack me. First they'd have to find me. Then they'd have to contend with a pissed off txyaloo. Also, I've posted the pictures several times before.

DSCF0242Medium.jpg

DSCF0241Medium.jpg

DSCF0237Small.jpg

JAEagle

Established Member
Thanks for the reply txyaloo. That's an awesome setup you have. I'll have to look into building something similar for my truck. I'm new to the L's so I don't know the difference in consoles for different years. I've got an '02 with the fold down armrest/cassette tape holder. My 1911 fits in there with plenty of room but I just wonder if there is any empty space below the compartment so it still looks right.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
the last person id want to **** with :read:

same shit happened to me TWICE earlier this year man. i didnt report it to my insurance because it wasnt worth the claim, but it sounds like yours is. sucks man :nonono:

i then went out and got a killer alarm, and now just recently moved to a much nicer area. i live in copland now. i can leave the windows down all night :thumbsup:

bskin38

99L
Established Member
well, even tho u were quite the asshole to me in the other forum, i still feel kind of bad for u. sorry this happened, it sucks

Users who are viewing this thread