thinkin i want a blower

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
but there's a catch. i have a 5.0 aod. simple enough? nope. I want a supercharger. either a paxton novi 1000 or vortech a-trim because i'm sick and tired of spending a couple hundred here and there for 10 hp. I got rearended a couple of months ago (didn't hurt the car much) but I have enough for a supercharger now. It has 150K and a stock tranny. doesn't use any oil and it passed a compression check. a motor is in the works for next winter but i want a blower now. do i go ahead and buy a kit or wait?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
That's a lot of miles. I would think you'd be ok just running 6psi for a while though. That'll give you time to save for larger injectors, new block, etc so you can up the boost. And 6 psi will put you over 275 to the wheels on a stock 5.0 (if it's a foxbody or SN-95)which isn't too shabby.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I think you can get new Novi 1000's for close to $1600-1700 now. I run a 1000 on my 87 LX, but its the older single belt drive. They now have the 2 belt system which I prefer. Take a look over at www.superchargerhelp.com Plenty of helpful people over there.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread