Thinking about a Viper

roushcobra03

Established Member
I am curious to find out how many of you out there would get rid of your Cobra, Lightning, or other vehicle to get one of these if you could? I test drove one this weekend and I think I'm in love.

03WhiteCobra

Established Member
If money wasn't an issue for me, I would have both. Vipers are very nice cars, but they're not practical at all. I want a back seat, like I have in my Cobra. I wouldn't ever buy a Vette for the same reason. I've never drove or rode in a Viper, so I don't have any personal experience w/ one. I wouldn't do it, but that's just my personal opinion. On the other hand, it is a VIPER - gets looks everywhere you go, if that's what you're after (not my thing). I'm suprised they let you test drive one...Is it a new one? Good luck w/ your decision.

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
Id also have to say if money wasnt an issue then go for it.....but then again if you have that kinda money you can always make your Cobra "one of a kind" and something able to smoke the hell out of a Viper (as most BPU Cobras already do).....but as stated if your looking for the looks, to me thats all thats different between the two.....of course the limited production as well.......again thats my opinion, take it for what ya want.....Ive never driven or rode in one, but dont get me wrong they Gorgeous peices of machinery and if I could get one I probably would.......I have the new Z06 in mind, a bit more in my price range.....JT

roushcobra03

Established Member
Yes it was a new one. I have been seriosly looking into one for awhile now and finally decided to go look at one. It was definintly an ordeal drive it, had to go through a credit check to make sure I was qualified. I was caught off guard by this since I didn't have to do anything like this when I drove a 911 turbo. It did finally make sense when they explained to me that they don't want just anyone taking these out for a drive.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
In that price range I would take a 911 Turbo first, followed by a C6 with a 427. Or build an Ultima GTR.

I don't think the Viper is performs up to its cost. Spare parts and mods are hugely expensive, and it doesn't do anything a tuned Vette can't, except maybe look more exotic. The GTR would do that, and outperform it.

Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful car, and if I drove one I would probably have a woody for days.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
If I were going to spend the money you are talking about spending I would buy a C6 and modify it with lingenfelter twin turbos and so on. Just what I would do, if you like the Viper more, buy it. Vipers are sweet.

Ling_650vette

Quagmires Apprentice
Established Member
Saw one race an SN95 mustang a few months back. Silver SRT-10 vs Silver Cobra...dunno the mods on either but the Viper smoked it (through roughly a 1/4 mile). They're defaintly killer cars, and if $$ was growin on a tree i'd pick one up!

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
roushcobra03 said:
Yes it was a new one. I have been seriosly looking into one for awhile now and finally decided to go look at one. It was definintly an ordeal drive it, had to go through a credit check to make sure I was qualified. I was caught off guard by this since I didn't have to do anything like this when I drove a 911 turbo. It did finally make sense when they explained to me that they don't want just anyone taking these out for a drive.

Heck, my dealership wouldn't even let me test drive my Cobra until they knew I was either going to buy it or a new Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread