Thinking about buying Marauder, some ques...

MATT SS

Hi all,

Im thinking about downsizing after my current truck's lease is up and Im considering buying a used marauder. I have a few questions for the owners here.

1. What type of real whorld mileage are you guys getting?
2. What fuel should you use, do u need high test or can u get away with 87?
3. How is the reliability so far?
4. Which year is the best year and what should I look for when purchasing?
5. Are there any essential mods that have to be done right away?
6. Is there a 6 disc IN DASH CD changer?

Thank you all in advance for some answers, it will be nice to hear from realy owners.:beer:

dpotter

Established Member
1. City=15 MPG, but I hit it every day at least once. HWY I've seen as good as 22+ cruising at about 70 MPH.
2. I have a SCT tune for 93 and 91, not sure I would ever run 87 but have heard it can be done.
3. Reliability is exceptional (seriously, my car is almost 6 years old, still under warranty and has NEVER had a single thing done other than mntnc).
4. I have a 2003 300B (of course I only wanted a blue which was only made in '03). The same head tick the Termi's had was also found in some of the early run Rauders. There are a couple of other things you'd want to read up on about the '03's.
5. The only mod I would consider essential out of the gate is an aftermarket tune. I bought a SCT Xcal3 with a Lidio tune which not only improves HP but more importantly IMO changes the shift points and provides a more firm shift at WOT.
6. The disc changer is in the trunk on all as far as I know (if it had that option, both '03 and '04 had the 6 disc changer as an option).

There is a vast amount of info on mercurymarauder.net and motorcitymarauders.com. Both sites are awesome with great members and that's where I would look for a MM for sale.

Personally, I will be upgrading the brakes immediately as well as eventually adding a Trilogy blower.

There are a few experts who post here and will add far more to this than I have or you can go straight to their environment as noted above.

Good luck on your search, there are some great deals on great MM right now. I LOVE my Marauder.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
as far as year . the 2004 recived cooling system inprovemants . dual knock sensors for better accel atc . also 2004 recieved better trans . stronger . either year is good . im looking for a toreador red one with the spoiler

MATT SS

1. City=15 MPG, but I hit it every day at least once. HWY I've seen as good as 22+ cruising at about 70 MPH.
2. I have a SCT tune for 93 and 91, not sure I would ever run 87 but have heard it can be done.
3. Reliability is exceptional (seriously, my car is almost 6 years old, still under warranty and has NEVER had a single thing done other than mntnc).
4. I have a 2003 300B (of course I only wanted a blue which was only made in '03). The same head tick the Termi's had was also found in some of the early run Rauders. There are a couple of other things you'd want to read up on about the '03's.
5. The only mod I would consider essential out of the gate is an aftermarket tune. I bought a SCT Xcal3 with a Lidio tune which not only improves HP but more importantly IMO changes the shift points and provides a more firm shift at WOT.
6. The disc changer is in the trunk on all as far as I know (if it had that option, both '03 and '04 had the 6 disc changer as an option).

There is a vast amount of info on mercurymarauder.net and motorcitymarauders.com. Both sites are awesome with great members and that's where I would look for a MM for sale.

Personally, I will be upgrading the brakes immediately as well as eventually adding a Trilogy blower.

There are a few experts who post here and will add far more to this than I have or you can go straight to their environment as noted above.

Good luck on your search, there are some great deals on great MM right now. I LOVE my Marauder.

Thank you very much for the information. Now all I have to do is wait:(

JWMclane3

Tutored by an '03 Cobra
Established Member
Both the forums dpotter mentioned have classifieds - good way to see quality examples of the cars and what they are going for (as a post on either site gets jumped on like spider monkeys for accuracy and questions on data that may have been left out of the ad).

As far as where to find one - you can always try autotrader or eBay. With autotrader I would open up the "range" on the search from anywhere between an hour ride to a day's ride. The "right" one for you may very well be worth the trip if you aren't afraid to deal across the state or in NY/CT (none for sale around here I know of)/Mass/etc...

Good luck on your search!

-Jonathan

SilverLSC98

Established Member
if you look around you can find some with lower miles, I'd hold out for black marauder IMO.

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
always wanted a black Marauder with a KB;)

how 'bout one with a Trilogy Motorsports Twin-Screw which is > a KB...

IMG_5655.gif

Macon Marauder

Voice of Cold Hard Reason
Established Member
I'm a little late to the party, but here goes:

1. MPG: City = 17-18 in normal driving. Hwy = 23-24
2. I've used both 87 and 93. Lots of 87 when gas was $4/gal...
3. Reliability has been excellent!
4. Year? I had a black '03 and now drive a DTR '04 and can't really tell any difference. Except my '03 had crap paint and the '04 has traction control and adjustable pedals.
5. Essential mods right away? Some type of tune. If for no other reasons than to firm up the shifts and raise the rev limit. I have a SuperChips tuner and JLT CAI.
6. 6 disc IN DASH CD changer? Not stock, no.

They sure do seem to be priced to sell when you can find them.

Last edited:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Like Macon said. 03's have CRAP black paint. Look them over VERY closely in person. DO NOT buy a black 03' over the net you need to see it in person. I had one that the paint was falling off of. I didn't want to chance it and got an 04' Silver. The colors are alot rarer and you'll spend more time and most likely coin in finding one.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
bowtie i can send you a few suggestions for NJ Marauders (im up here in middlesex county, got my 04 DTR in paramus)

Let me know if i can be of any assistance :)

oneqkgt

Established Member
thats going to be my next toy im picky so i found my lightning before i found the merc. next year i will be getting a marauder i found some clean ones out here in the country i have my eye on.

Users who are viewing this thread